Lies

"Eric Hardin, Eric Hardin." I mumble as I look through all my photo books and job records. "Where are you?"
"Darling, why'd you bring me here again?" Freddie asks from behind me. I had asked Freddie come over while the others went out to pick up some food for dinner.
Little did he know, I had something on him.
"Freddie, answer with yes and no, alright?" He doesn't answer, he just nods as I rise up and meet his confused eyes. "Are you gay?"
He swallows...hard. He was beginning to shaky as his hand made a fist. 'Yes.'
"Um...I, I don't know what..." he stutters uncontrollably while he tried to hold back his tears.
"Hey hey, it's alright. I don't mind and I won't tell anyone if you are." I assure, taking his hand and holding it in mine as a tear fell onto his cheek. 'I had to get on his good side in order to ask what I was hoping to know.'
"Oh please don't. I can't imagine your brother knowing, he'd probably kill me." He cries. Brian wasn't homophobic but it would definitely catch him by surprise.
"Freddie, listen," I whisper, looking into his eyes. "Correct me if I'm wrong...did you meet someone at the casino the other day and did you two both have a romantic relationship?"
He swallows again, revealing the obvious answer. "Yeah...yeah I did, but don't worry, he's a great guy and really cares about me..."
"Freddie...what was his name?"
The other day, I noticed Freddie gone as well as the man that had flirted with me with Jaxon. He must've been his friend and if he was, he sure got to Freddie faster than anyone could even tell he was missing.
"Um...I think it was Paul...Paul Prenter."
'Bingo.'
"Thank you so much, dear." I say, placing a kiss on his cheek before rushing over to the newspapers I've been collecting as well as Brian. Flipping through them, I run my finger along the names of people who've died in the past week. It took a few papers but I finally located a Paul Prenter that died 3 weeks ago. 'He's been doing this for awhile.'
"I gotta find the source." I whisper as the door swings open to reveal the three other boys.
"We brought food!" Brian announces, setting some boxes of food on the counter. Roger spots me by the map still hooked on the wall before racing over to me and planting a kiss on my lips.
"Hey, you hungry?" He asks as I pull a smile.
"Um...yeah sure." I shrug, taking his hand and leading him over to the counter where everyone was digging in.
"Thanks for the food Brian." I thank, placing a kiss on his cheek before serving myself some fish and chips.
"No problem, Soph." He replies as the phone by the door suddenly rings.
"I'll get it!" Roger shouts before leaping out of his seat and answer the impatient phone. His voice his heard down the hall while the rest of us chatted and joked. Suddenly, he comes back, retrieving his coat from the back of his chair with a stern look on his face.
"Hey, you okay?" I ask and he pops a cigarette in his mouth and lights it.
"Um...yeah. I just need to go down to the store to fetch some beer. I'll be right back." He says before leaving the room and eventually the flat itself. 'Something definitely wasn't right.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It had been awhile without "beer" and it started to worry me. He wasn't cheating I knew that...it was something bigger. 'What was he hiding?'
"Soph...Sophie!" I suddenly snap out of my thoughts to turn to John who was eyeing me oddly. "Did you hear me?"
"What?"
"He asked how the case is going for you?" Freddie chuckles as he located a bottle of wine before pouring himself a glass.
"Oh...it's hard to explain. Too much for all of you." I trail off as I return back to my mind palace.
'I had to find him or else more people are going to get hurt. I could check the company to see if he's still there, although I highly doubt it.'
"Guys...I think I'm going to call it a night." I mumble, sliding off of my chair and slumping over to my bedroom where I closed the door and began to think harder than I ever had before.
Pulling out a cigarette, I smoke away. 'How can you track someone who can be anyone anywhere? He knows everything, he probably is watching me right now. How does he know all this?' Then it hit me.
Raising my head, I look over at the window that pictured the busy streets of London. 'I had to trick him into thinking something differently.'
'I have to go undercover...but how? Well the best ways are totally trashing your reputation which would be very easy to do. I could become an alcoholic...thats perfect!'
Suddenly the door swings open and a tired looking blonde trudges in. "5 hours to get a pack of beer?" I question, slightly scaring him as he flipping the lamp on.
"Geez, don't startle me like that." He groans, tossing his shoes and coat off before flopping on the bed. "The store was closed..."
"Don't lie to me." I mutter in a low town that got him to tune his head to look up at me. "It's raining, your coat is dry and so are your shoes. Your not drunk or high. And the car was still in the parking lot...where did you go?" I repeat as he lets out another groan. He can't hide things from me and he knows it.
"Alright, an old friend wanted to meet up, that's all. I didn't realize I'd be gone for so long." He sighs, turning over and keeping eye contact with me.
'Why can't I believe him?' "Alright, thank you." I lie, sitting down on the bed and laying down next to him. 'I still don't believe him.'
"Oh come here, gorgeous." He whispers, taking an arm and wrapping it around me before pulling me onto him. I straddle his chest before leaning down and crashing my lips on his.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
'Tomorrow, I'll go searching for Eric...'