Something To Lose

Izzie, seeing Evan entering Don's, remembered that she had no battery on her cellphone. Hurried, she went inside, asking him to make a call.

- Izzie: "Evan... I'm sorry but I have to ask you to let me make a call. I ran out of battery on my phone. I don't know anything about Casey."

Evan, remaining silent, took his cell phone out of his pocket, handing it to Izzie.

- Izzie: "Thank you."

Izzie dialed Casey's number for the first time without her answering it.

Meanwhile, a car that drove past Casey's wrecked car, comed to her rescue, immediately calling 911.

Izzie insisted a second, a third, a fourth and a fifth time, but all calls went straight to voicemail. Her heart was beating faster than ever.

- Evan: "This isn't normal. Casey has a cell phone charger in her car. She went looking for you. Why doesn't she pick up the fucking phone?"

- Izzie: "I don't know. I'm worried. I have to find her. I'm looking for her."

Evan, without even thinking, picked up his bag and went after Izzie.

- Evan: "Hey! Wait! I'll go with you. Get in my car!"

Evan and Izzie went in search of Casey on the drive from Don's to the Gardner's - where the accident had occurred. Silence overcomed dialogue. Neither spoke, but both were supportive of each other - and they knew they had a common purpose. Finding Casey.

About fifteen minutes down the highway, Izzie saw an ambulance arrive.

- "Evan! Stop the car! There has been an accident! I can see an ambulance!" - she exclaimed.

Evan, forcing his eyes to see something in the darkness, saw Doug's colleague coming out of the ambulance towards Casey's car, which was still out in the trees that made up the side of the street.

- Evan: "Izzie that's Doug's colleague on duty. I know him. He is alone because Doug went to spend the weekend with Elsa and Sam."

Evan and Izzie both got out of the car, running towards the scene of the accident. At the foot of the ambulance, they met Doug's colleague - who looked at them without saying a single word.

Izzie, circling the ambulance, turns over and sees Casey's car... Empty.  Her heart stopped. Her knees fell to the floor. Tears were endlessly streaming down her face.

- Izzie: "Where?! Where is she?! Where is she?!" - she said in a sob cry.

- Doug's colleague: "Take it easy. I already took her into the ambulance.  She is asleep. She has to be seen urgently in the hospital." - he said in a worried voice.

Deep down, because he knew Doug would never forgive himself for not being there to help Casey.

- Evan, worried and nervous, asked: "How is she? She'll be fine won't she? I'll help out whatever it takes."

Izzie ran towards the ambulance, opened the doors and saw Casey lying on a stretcher in induced sleep.

She was shaking with fear. She wasn't sure if all that was real, but she knew she didn't want it to be.

Tears covering her face, she approached her and tooked her hand.

- "I'm here. I'm here.  I'm here." - she whispered.

Izzie realized in that moment she had never been afraid before. She understood she was afraid because she had something to lose. She understood that she had something to lose because she loved someone more than she loved herself.

Evan stepped in, beside Doug's colleague, who was driving the ambulance to the Hospital. Izzie laid her head on Casey's chest, muttering that she would never leave her again.