A Flock of Baikal Teal Ducks

* . °•★|•°∵ ∵°•|☆•° . *

It had been three days of radio silence, completely nothing about their latest 'bodyguard.' In truth, it made Hoseok and the rest of the boys... antsy. They kept thinking they were going to die any moment now. Hoseok couldn't decide whether he felt comforted in her presence or frightened.

It was a very confusing three days.

But the thrill of preparing for the new comeback made the rest of it fade from his mind.

Meanwhile, for Y/N, it had been a very gruelling three days. Countless schedules, locations, maps, staff member faces you had to memorise. Where was BTS? That was one of her jobs to know. She was the bodyguard. Where were they heading next? She had to scope out the area before they did. Who surrounded BTS every day? She had to keep watch for any zealous fans. It was... tiring and Y/N hated it.

But Bang PD had been eager to get Y/N into action, understandably so, and... accelerated her training period by a hundred. At least, that's how it felt, with that much information crammed in her head.

Three days to memorise BTS's inner staff circle was not enough. All the makeup artists, camera directors, managers, film crew, stage crew... not to mention locations. Holy shit was Y/N done.

Why did seven boys need this many staff? She couldn't help but whine internally, eyes flicking back over the list of employees the guy-who-had-taken-you-to-Sihyuk had given her. All the tiny pictures of seemingly hundreds of thousands of faces and even tinier text that had to be crammed into her mind.

He was later introduced to be- "Nice to meet you, my name is Park Hyejun, it seems Bang PD wants me to show you the ropes." She'd shaken his offered hand and stayed silent. Y/N had been sure that he'd learn her name through other ways anyway. (She had later proven to be correct.)

"Y/N-ssi, who is Bang Mingyu?" Hyejun-ssi casually threw out. She whined low in her throat in protest of more thinking. That name sounded familiar. It sounded familiar. Bang Mingyu... Bang Mingyu... But his face wasn't coming to mind. After a beat of silence, he turned to her, quirking a brow.

She blinked. Bang Mingyu. Wracking her brain, his face came to mind. A smiley and a round-cheeked individual who was constantly on J-Hope's tail.

"He's part of the camera crew," Y/N smoothly answered, confident now that she had his face.

Hyejun nodded. "Alright. I think you're ready."

Her brow furrowed, but she didn't get the chance to ask what she was deemed ready for.

As if on cue, a familiar broad hand clapped onto her shoulder suddenly. Her vision blanked for a moment and, almost automatically, Y/N grabbed their wrist, tugged their arm forward and flipped their torso over her shoulder and onto the floor with a muffled thud. It was only after they groaned did she realise what she had just done.

Typically enough, Y/N was not sorry. What kind of mortal reserved the right to touch her so carelessly? Casually at that, too?

Y/N's gaze connected with the dazed figure on the floor, a sneer appearing on her face. The stranger was dressed in a neatly ironed black suit, complete with blazer and slacks. It seemed like her throw had really knocked the wind out of him, judging by his gasps and his wide eyes.

"Shit-" Hyejun's voice sounded slightly awestruck. Dare you say.... impressed? Y/N's sharp gaze met his wide-eyes, and he cleared his throat; schooling his face into one of stern impassiveness. "Y/N-ssi. One of the rules of Bighit company, as I'm sure you read in the pamphlet, is that physical assault is strictly against the rules. I ought to write a report to human resources."