soul marks

Words count: 4037
Warning: angst, fluff, au, female reader
⎯⎯everyone had a soulmate but for them it was way more complicated
than just that

Since the black mark on her wrist appeared on (y/n)'s fifteenth birthday, she always covered it and hid it from everyone, because she was ashamed. It was a pitiful feeling, and honestly, she always felt ridiculous when it was filling her whole body and her heart but she could not avoid it. She just wouldn't accept or even admit it. Never.

Everyone had a soulmate, a significative other, a partner. They could be hugged and comforted when they needed it, or be cuddled when they wanted it. When they were sad or insecure, nowhere and everywhere at the same time, their lover would be there. They usually find their soulmate a little while after their soulmark appeared on their body, the most common was some months after or maybe a year if it was too long.

On their chin, their arm, legs, torso, shoulder, it could be placed everywhere. You knew it was your soulmate because your soulmark represented your first contact with them, and it dissapeared when you met.
But for (y/n) it never happened.

She didn't know why at first. Her mother always told here she needed to be patient, her soulmate wasn't gonna show up just because a stupid mark appeared. Good things come to those who wait. So she waited.

It seemed like eternity. Everyone around her, her friends and her siblings were discovering true love, something you couldn't just imagine but live. The mark on her wrist was still here, showing to everyone that she didn't find anyone for her.

That she was alone.

(Y/n) never cried or stopped to dreams about her soulmate. She tried to find them, always checking her mark when someone touched it. She tried to force her destiny because maybe it was her, maybe her soulmate just didnt't wanted to show up and it was her job to find them.

But she failed.

She started to become insecure about it. When anyone questioned it, she just brushed it off like it was nothing. It became a sensitive topic, and the lonely girl just felt better without them or stupid questions.
Her soulmate wouldn't wanted to show up? Right then, the teenage girl was better than that...

Now it was a new day for (Y/n), her books in one of her hands while she was tried to open her locker. Her eyebrows were frowned because of her locker's door. It was stuck and didn't want to move at all.

"⎯⎯Stupid thing, can you just open up for once?"

And once again, the locker just didn't want to cooperate.

After a moment, she sighed, closing her (e/c) for a second before shrugging and just putting her book in her backpack. It was obviously annoying for the (h/c) haired girl but she dealt with it without more protests.

Walking through the halls or her school, she attempted to join her friends, for what it seemed to be two years now.
They were in the cafeteria, so taking her lunch, the girl quickly joined her friends at their lunch table.

She was greeted by Michelle, her sarcastic friend. Ned and Peter were in front of her talking about some Star Wars stuff. (Y/n) wasn't into Star Wars anymore since she cried so much about one of those movies.

Ned smiled at her and Peter stuttered something like "Hi" before starting to talk again.
Peter Parker always had this little tiny crush on (Y/n) (L/n) but he just didn't want to admit it to himself.
It always thought about his soulmate, how they could feel if he started to like someone else, someone who wasn't belonging to him. That would be stealing a soulmate who belonged to someone else. He stared at his fingertips, where dark marks were, where his soulmark were.