FIVE

group chat :)

ROSHAUN.
party at mine tn. be there or be 🟪

real life :)

maia's clock just struck 9:50, telling her that she had to leave in 5 minutes to be at roshaun's house by 10. she curled her last piece of hair before spraying perfume, grabbing her phone and heading downstairs to see addison and charli making a tik tok.

"ready to go?" charli said before locking her phone. the girls exchanged smiles before hopping in the car and driving to roshaun's house. they were expecting this party to be crazy because of what people have told them.

once they were parked, they made their way in and through the house only stopping to greet people or move out the way of wasted people.

maia was holding a cruiser in one hand and her phone in the other when she got a text from kio. although, she was only tuning him she had really strong feelings for him and would be crushed if he was talking to anyone else.

KIO 🦋.
we're over x

maia stared at her phone for a good 5 minutes thinking that she was hallucinating or maybe he was pranking her.

MAIA.
kio ur funny

KIO 🦋.
idk what we are but whatever this is it's over. i have a girlfriend now and it's not u

MAIA.
wait ur not kidding?

KIO 🦋.
no i'm not please delete me from ur phone

MAIA.
but i was so good to u i gave u my everything

KIO 🦋.
please stop texting me my girlfriend is coming over

MAIA.
were u just using me for 5 months?

KIO 🦋.
yea i pretended i liked u because i really liked ur friend and wanted to get ins

MAIA.
ur joking rn
who?

KIO 🦋.
it doesn't matter
goodbye maia

MAIA.
kio
[message failed to send]
please
[message failed to send]
did u just block me
[message failed to send]
fuck
[message failed to send]

she felt like she was in shock. she couldn't believe how quickly they went from rooting to blocking each other. her eyes began watering but she refused to cry over him. she downed the rest of her cruiser and started to look for some harder shit because the thought of kio hooking up with one of her closest friends makes her want to start balling. she finds viktor with a much stronger drink that she downed straight away.

after a while, maia was so drunk she could barely walk but she couldn't find any of her room mates to take her home, in fact she couldn't find anyone that she was close with. she some how found her way to a couch that was in the corner of a room and rested her head in the palms of her hand. the seat beside her dipped making her shoot her head up. she saw an unfamiliar guy, but at maia's drunken stage, she just shrugged it off.
"hey babygirl, you wanna go upstairs?" his demanding voice whispered in the girl's ear as his arm snakes around her waist. maia attempted to get up, but he pulled her back onto the couch.
"lets go." maia heard a voice from above. oh it's just mar. his eyes glared at the guy that tried to get with her before he backed off letting maia leave with mar. it was still extremely hard for maia to walk, which i think mar took notice of when he wrapped his arms under her arms to support her. he lead her to what she assumed was his car before setting her in the passenger seat and running toward the drivers seat.
he tosses her a bottle of water which she voluntarily drank. he started driving away, clenching his jaw and the grip on the steering wheel.
"thanks for earlier." she referred to him stopping that guy.
"yeah well if you knew how to control your alcohol, you wouldn't even need my help." he scoffs.

she rolled her eyes not wanting to start an argument with him while she was intoxicated. memories from earlier tonight started flooding back in and soon enough warm tears were falling from her eyes.

"kio broke up with me."

mar's eyes shot to her flushed face suddenly taking notice of the tears on her cheeks. his face softened and he put his attention back onto the road.
"i didn't know you guys were officially dating."
she puts the cap back into her bottle before the car comes to a halt in front of the house.
"we were tuning but he played me for 5 months so he could get ins with someone else." her voice broke saying that out loud. she wasn't the type of girl to tell everyone how she feels so this was way out of comfort zone. mar sat for a second unsure of what to say. he opened his door and opened her's. he helped her walk into her house and into her room. maia changed into her pyjamas in her bathroom and went back into her bedroom to see mar sitting on her bed going through the movies on her disney+.

"can you stay here tonight? please." maia's spoke softly as she moved a bit of her quilt telling him to get in with her. he obliged and got comfortable in bed with her as she chose tangled.

"really?" mar laughed at her choice of movie.
"hey! it's my favourite." she pouted at him making him laugh and leaving a small smile on his face that you don't see very often.

after it finished, she turned off the tv and they got more comfortable in bed.  they laid facing eachother for a moment just kind of looking at eachother.
"no funny business, mariano."
she booped his nose before turning around so her back was facing him before falling asleep.
"goodnight maia."