24

Amanda woke Anna and Theo up, and told them to meet us at the restaurant for breakfast. So when we arrived and got a booth, we asked for a larger sized one, knowing they would show up eventually. We all ordered our food and sat in silence, scrolling through our phones. I was mostly mindlessly scrolling, trying to distract myself from the tension in the air. I'm sitting by the wall, with Jasmine then Amanda to my right, Logan across from me and Brendon to his left. Once I realize I'm not paying attention to anything I scroll past on my screen, I shut it off and sit it on the table. I look out the window and see if I can spot the other car, but my phone buzzes a few seconds later. I pick it back up and see who it is, everyone I talk to is sitting at this table.

'What's wrong?'-B

I smile at the message and glance up to him across the table. He smirks back and looks back down to his phone.

'Take a guess'-me

'It wouldn't be that my brother is an asshole and your sitting across from him is it'-B

I laugh quietly to myself and look up, they don't look at me so I look back to my screen as it buzzes again.

'At least I made you smile again'-B

'Thanks I needed it'-me

'Feel free to kick him if you want'-B

As I try to reply, my phone buzzes again. I click into the unknown number, reading the message.

'Why are you texting someone who's sitting across from you. Talk out loud to him'-unknown

I look up and none of them notice so I look back down.

'Who is this?'-me

'The asshole brother you were just talking about'-unknown

I look up again and across from me, he looks up from his screen. He raises an eyebrow at me and I look back to my screen.

'Also, do not kick me'-Logan

'How'd you get my number? And how'd you see that message?'-me

'Stole it from his phone the first time I seen you two were talking. And because I can see his phone in his lap'-Logan

'You really do have some jealousy issues, don't you?'-me

I see him look up to me, so I meet his gaze. His jaw clenches and he sits back in his seat, looking back down to his phone.

'No I don't'-Logan

'Oh really?'-me

'Yes. Really'-Logan

I sit my phone down on the table and sit up in my seat, Logan glancing up to me.

"Does anyone have a jacket, it's cold in here" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest, rubbing my arms. I know none of the girls brought extra jackets. And I also know, Brendon will offer me his whether he did or not.

"Here" Brendon says and looks up to me. "You can wear this until we get back to the house" he offers and hands it to me across the table. I slip the hoodie over me, it draping over me from the size difference. Logan tosses his phone onto the table and leans back in the booth, crossing his arms and glaring at me.

"Thanks Brendon" I smile and he smiles softly, before looking back down to his phone. I look to Logan across from me, his face filled with anger. I can't help the smile I have before looking back down to my phone that buzzes.

'You weren't cold, why'd you ask for a jacket'-B

'I was cold'-me

'I can tell when you're cold. You weren't cold'-B