Chapter 10 - Christmas Bonus

A few weeks after that Calrissian fiasco, Esther was happy and a bit annoyed with both Sabale and Zeb for their actions during the whole Sabacc debacle. Sitting alone in her thoughts, they became interrupted when she heard the group talking in loud voices. Sighing, the young girl stood up, from her bed seat, and walked towards the commons room to see what everyone was up to. Curious as ever, she walked towards where the talking seemed to be the loudest and pressed the button to open the door to see the crew speaking to one another about something called 'Christmas'. "Guys? What's going on?" Esther asked in complete confusion on why everyone would be together and speaking without it turning into a tactical strategy or an argument.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS ESTHER!!!" everyone shouted in glee making Esther shake her head before asking, "What?"

"Merry Christmas Esther," Hera said with a smile on her face as she hugged her daughter figure gently before pulling away to allow everyone else to wish Esther a 'Merry Christmas'.

"Guys! What's going on?" Esther yelled after a few minutes of not getting any answers.

"What do you mean? It's Christmas. Don't you celebrate it on Lothal?" Sabale asked out of curiosity.

"If we did, then I don't remember because it's been so long since I can remember most of the good memories I had with both of my birth and my adoptive families. I barely remember doing any traditions that mixed with this," Esther responded gesturing to the Christmas decorations, as well as the small Christmas tree, that decorated the room.

"Christmas is a holiday that everyone celebrates this time of year to remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We humble ourselves in this celebration and give thanks for everything that has blessed us in allowing to rebel against the injustice the Empire inflicts on our world. If we are able to, we all buy presents for those we care about and since this is our first Christmas with you, Esther, we decided to buy you a present to show our love and thanks for you joining the crew. Then after presents, I get to read you the Birth of our Savior to tell you how it all began," Hera explained with a gentle smile on her face making Esther smile and let out a small gasp of happiness and surprise.

This brought tears to Esther's eyes as she covered her mouth in happiness and let out gasping cry of happiness. "You guys didn't have to do this for me. I barely remember doing this holiday with my family. You didn't have to go through all this trouble," Esther protested gently.

"It's no trouble at all. Esther, you're a part of our family now and we want to share the holiday traditions we do together, with you," Kanan said placing a gentle hand on her right shoulder with a smile making Esther let out a teary gasp.

"Come on kid, sit down and let us give you our presents that we got you for Christmas," Zeb said gesturing to the couch with the table, for Esther to sit in while everyone grabbed their Christmas gift box, for the young girl to open, from underneath the small Christmas tree.

Esther sat down and was handed a wrapped Christmas striped present from Hera. Taking it with smile, she gently, and slowly, unwrapped it before being encouraged by Zeb, in a joyful teasing tone, to go faster saying, "Come on, we don't want to save the paper," making Esther unwrap it more quickly. She then opened the box to discover a beautiful off the shoulders white dress with a gold strap across the shoulders, wrist, and along the waist line.

 She then opened the box to discover a beautiful off the shoulders white dress with a gold strap across the shoulders, wrist, and along the waist line