Bedtime

I crawl under the bed and try to break one of the wood boards off to at least have a weapon. But as fate would have it, the wood was just too thick. I had nothing sharp to cut the wood. If he had given me anything sharp like a knife, when he gave me the food then I would have used that. If only he didn't watch me eat... Then I would have sneaked a spoon or something. Damn this craftsmanship! I got up from under the floor, only to almost jump out of my skin. My kidnapper was standing right above me, staring down with a puzzled look. I quickly stood up. He watched me carefully, studying my moves. I stared at the ground not wanting to look into those enchanting eyes. "What were you doing under the bed?" his soft husky voice ringing in my ears. "Admiring the craftsmanship." I wasn't exactly lying. I was looking at the wood boards. "Why are you here? I thought you were leaving me alone for the night?" I bit my lip hard after I spoke. I can't afford to upset him. He simply smiled at me. "I saw your light. I thought you fell asleep with it on. So, I came in to turn it off. Only to find you under the bed." His voice gave me chills, not bad chills, but the kind when someone runs a finger down your spine or maybe up your arm. I have to choose my words carefully. Can't afford to offend him, if I want to make it out of here alive. "Well, I'm still awake. I was actually going to bed right now. So, goodnight." I smiled as sweet as I could. He walked closer to me, I froze in place. His hand brushed against my cheek. I shuddered. "Forgive me for disturbing you. Goodnight." He kissed my forehead, then moved down to my cheek. I couldn't move. Every time his lips touched my skin, it just crawled. Does he really believe that I was this Tika girl? Did she look similar to me? Should I ask him? Before I could realize what was happening, I felt lips on mine. I snapped out of my train of thought real quick. I pulled away fast. He looked at me confused like he didn't understand why I would retreat. I had to say something before he gets angry. "I... Sorry. You... You just startled me... I'm very tired, so could I just sleep?" I had no idea what to tell him. All I wanted was for him to leave before something worse than a kiss happened. His puzzled look faded into a smile. "Of course. I will let you rest." He walked to the door and left locking it again.

I laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I wanted to sleep, but I'm scared he might come into the bedroom and do things to me while I slept... He already thinks I'm some old love of his. "But I can't stay up forever, I'll collapse from exhaustion." I groaned out loudly. Of all things to be worried about, I'm worried about sleeping enough. I lay on my side. I pull the blankets over me. I close my eyes and try to at least sleep an hour.