Chapter 15: The A Team

It was windy, not raining, but cold, and Danny was walking home from school, feeling a mix of disappointment and anxiety. One of her close friends, Nicole, had moved away from school, saying she didn't feel appreciated by her friends. But Danny felt anxious because the biggest dance was finally here. Danny had to go home to spend the next two hours eating and getting ready. She walked up to her front doorstep and searched her backpack for her keys, suddenly realizing someone opened the door. She knew her mother wasn't home, and her father went away on a business trip. She was surprised to find her cousin, Jared, standing there with his Kindle in his hands.
"Hey Buddy," Jared said grinning, "Just came over to see if you were interested in watching the new episode of Doctor Who that came out yesterday."
"Sorry Jared... I kinda- I kinda have to meet up with a boy to go to a dance today."
Jared was three years younger than her, but he was her favorite cousin, since they both had a lot in common and could always talk about something.
"Well have fun.... But make sure you tell that boyfriend of yours about how geeky you are. And he better know what Supernatural is or else I'm pullin' you two apart faster than Dean Winchester can pull out his blade."
Danny laughed at the simile he used and gave him a soft, friendly punch.
"It's okay, Buddy, I got it all covered. Just don't tell anyone about it." Danny winked and ran into the house to get ready.