CHAPTER 2

"You two in my office, now!"

The two students, after having a BIG talk with the headmaster, were punished with 3 days of detention after school. While it does not seem to be a big deal, it was Danny's and Bentley's 4th time this month in detention. One would thought that they are not on speaking terms, but in reality they are very close outside school.  Little did Mr.Ransier knew that they "fight" in order to skip class and miss tests. Even their parents are in shock to hear the two boys fight at school.

"Okay class, you will take the test next time. Even if that means we'll have to stay in class while the building is on fire. Dismiss"

Not that Ivy was disappointed, because she wasn't going to take the test, that her expression looked sulky, but there was something else bothering her all day. Her friend, Margaret, was nowhere to be seen today. Even though they weren't on the same class, they would normally meet in the hallway during breaks in Ivy's locker. It was lunch time and her last hope was to see her there.

"Wanna know what happened with Mr.Ransier?" Bentley popped out of nowhere and started walking next to Ivy heading to the cafeteria

"No"

"What's with that cold deadly look on your face today?" He didn't look very worried or interested in what was really  going on, but asked anyway acting as a good and well-mannered guy

Her reaction seemed somehow funny and entertaining to him and as usual he tried to tease her. After seeing him forming a slight smile, Ivy got upset and started walking faster to the cafeteria. To her surprise, Margaret was indeed there but not sitting where they would normally have lunch, but with a bunch of other girls and boys from the basketball and cheerleading team. Ivy, then, found herself heading far from the cheerleaders' table without her realizing what she was doing or where she was going. She just wanted to stay alone to process what was happening. Her (practically) only friend has gone missing for 2 days without attending school or texting Ivy back and the next thing Ivy was seeing was her having lunch and chatting with the cheerleaders and some basketball players. She found an empty table, next to the cafeteria's entrance as she was a bit early for lunch. Lucky for her, Margaret didn't notice her during the whole 2 minutes it took her to distance herself from her friend. Or should I say ex-friend as it seemed. Ivy was probably too deep into her thoughts that she didn't see neither heard her classmate, Amelia, as she was trying to talk to Ivy.

" Are you okay?Ivy?"

"Huhh? Oh sorry I got swayed by my thoughts."

"I just wanted to invite you to my birthday party. It's this tomorrow night, at my house. I invited our class and class 1. I hope you will make it. See you"

"Yeah, as if I would go to that party" Ivy told herself with a sight without anyone hearing

"What was Amelia doing with you?" Bentley's sudden appearance shocked Ivy

"Wow, sorry. Didn't know you were scared so easily" he tried to tease her as he sat next to her at the dinner table, but still leaving enough space between their seats.

"Knock it off Ben"

"O-M-G. It's the first time you don't call me Bentley like my mother. Is everything okay? Are you alright? Are you perhaps ill?" He tried to place his palm on Ivy's forehead pretending to check her temperature but she pulled away

"I can see why you must be so pissed off and disappointed at the same time. It's Margaret right? I saw her while entering the cafeteria with the other guys and girls. Have you talked? Did she see you?"

"Yes, no and no. And why are you referring to your sister as Margaret? It's annoying."

"Well, she is not practically my sister and we're not even close, so...Now tell me what happened with her? Did you fight? Did your moms argue? OHHH...Did she made out with your crush? Tell me , tell me."