II

He gracefully pulled into the drive of 4 Johnstone Close, subsequently turning the engine off. He pondered his thoughts for a while, having a peaceful moment to himself, almost meditating to some extent.

After this exercise, Luke digested the thought of his big break, his acting career, but most importantly, his success.  The night was young, perhaps a forward suggestion to share his expressions, to share his positivity, with a cardinal drink with his parents.

Luke closed the car door, locking it subsequently. He hoped from the bottom of his heart that there hadn't been another argument, it was getting too excessive for him, and after a turbulent twelve years, perhaps things should be sorted out legally. And although Luke would partially agree with the aforementioned statement, his love for his step-father was immense.

He rapped on the door, to hear the noise of the turn of the lock and the opening. The house was warm, warmer than his love for his career, warmer than the season itself, and the contrast of temperature made him feel somewhat fuzzy inside.

His mum, Claudia, opened the door, looking really distressed, with a towel perched across her head, and another towel gripping along her body.

Claudia had auburn hair, with dark, puppy eyes and a stature of approximately 6 foot, a very tall woman. She was a very stern, strict person, argumentative and controversial. She could turn a brick wall into a puddle of water, and she strived for athletic success.

Sharply, she gestured Luke to come in, with the compulsory routine of taking his shoes and his coat off, and brewing the kettle for his small, dysfunctional family. Hans, his stepfather looked up to see him, with a weak but genuine smile on his face. What a surprise, the TV was displaying the grave and mundane face of Stephen Schneider, the mundane news and most of all, the mundane reaction Hans had portrayed.

Hans hadn't really taken the greatest amount of notice, or gave him the greatest amount of attention when Luke arrived. On this particular afternoon, there was very small dialect from the two of the gentlemen.

"You ok", the conversation awkwardly began, by Hans.
"Yeah", replied Luke, "Work was entertaining."
"Good", Hans abruptly mentioned.
"How has your day been?", Luke inquired.
"Eh."

And that was the end of a short-lived, dispassionate conversation, in which dampened the spirits of his step-son, before Hans got up and reached for a letter hanging off the coffee table. He looked troubled. And nothing was good, when he looked troubled.