III

Luke inhaled sharply, when he saw the look of Hans' exceptionally hesitant face. And once he cherished the oxygen dancing inside his lungs, he exhaled calmly.
Hans opened the envelope, that was once previously, and frantically torn into. He ran his wrinkled, oily fingers along the jagged paper, his thick skin being pierced. This was clearly an invalid sense of procrastination.
Luke's impatience had grew to such an extent that he persisted Hans to hurry, and as a result, he abruptly revealed a leaflet, that had a moderate crease along the middle.

Claudia came downstairs once more, looking more formal and appropriate unlike she did before, with a sharp collar and a stern, hard face. She stared at Hans intensively before looking away afterwards.

Briskly, Hans stared at Luke, not pressuring him, not scaring him. He gave him the leaflet slowly, ever so slowly. His face was as raw as the sunset.

"Hurry up you weak bastard! We haven't got all day.", shouted Claudia. She had an even worse patience than her son, which was actually unimaginable to believe. Yet, she stormed over to Hans intimidatingly.

Hans then jumped up in a right paralysis of mind, tirelessly walking to the kitchen, busying himself successfully. Their house was a pig sty, and the mess of it all was only amplified by the short arguments that the couple frequented.

Claudia collapsed next to Luke on the sofa, watching him receive his leaflet, that could change his life forever. Yet, there was a small chance that the couple were overdramatizing the whole situation, much similar to a time when Hans made a Shepards Pie, and Claudia accused him of encasing the carrots with supplements. They were very peculiar indeed.

Luke opened the leaflet, that was previously folded into two equal halves. Subsequently looking at Claudia, who showed little interest, by rolling her eyes excessively.

THE UNIVERSITY OF MUNICH

This leaflet has been addressed to Mr Luke Landrut.
An opportunity of social sciences, English literature and engineering awaits you in Munich University, the facility that allows you to construct a final, quaternary education.

Only a select few have been chosen for such a prestigious and iconic chance. Use it, this is potential at its most extensive.

Signed by Mr Rudy Schwartzman

He was in such a deep sense of disbelief, too frustrated yet too ecstatic to say a word out of his own courtesy. He was so grateful and thankful for the opportunity, yet so annoyed and puzzled to be put into a position of a dilemma.

Claudia acknowledged that Luke had finished reading the leaflet. She twirled her hair, before attempting to read the varied expression on his sons face.

Hans peeked his head around the wooden frame, checking his sons reaction, as he was too interested to see what his verdict would be. He looked at Rosa also, in which she stole his look, and glanced back at him. It was a stone-cold, freezing, blistering look.

Luke had to contemplate his thoughts by himself, solely, and individually. He could not decide whether to take this opportunity to demonstrate his academics, to progress on to get a good career, or gamble the whole matter by starring in a low-budget film, in the small percentage of which he would become incredulously successful. Tonight would be satisfactory, provided he could work it out, in silence.

But that was the opposite of what he would get.