Chapter 4

Carson’s POV

“Come on, put your pants on. We’re going to go out for drinks. We are going to celebrate.” Justin was grinning ear-to-ear as soon as the doctor had left the room. The news of our unborn baby’s gender had completely altered his thoughts on this pregnancy.

“Justin.” I laughed as I laid a hand on my stomach after I had buttoned my jeans.

“We’ll order you a soda or something,” He laughed as he took my hand and led me out of the building. “We can actually eat dinner if you want! I want to take you out. We have a babysitter and we are free of any commitments. We’ve been on a schedule for the last nine months. Can you blame me for wanting to do something sporadic?”

I couldn’t say no to that as we left the front doors of the building, our security guard for the night only a few paces in front of us.

“I feel like I don’t ever get enough time with you. Just let me take a moment to enjoy you.” He grinned as he kissed me lightly, not paying attention to the paparazzi that had come out of nowhere to take pictures of our intimate moment.

“Let’s go.”

Justin’s POV

Carson was smiling all through dinner. She always had a hand on her stomach. For the first time in months, I felt like Carson was actually excited for this baby. I knew she had been a little nervous about the actual baby and maternal part of the process but I had no doubt in my mind that she would be fine once the baby got here. At just nineteen she had become Sophie’s stand-in mother. Now that she was actually an adult and in a more stable place in her life, I knew she had exactly what it would take to be a mother.

“Oh my god, this baby and I have never been so happy.” She giggled as she set down her fork after downing her entire plate of spaghetti. She had requested Italian, which had been one of her frequent cravings. I was happy to oblige, since spaghetti was my favorite.

“Well if a plate of spaghetti is all it takes to make my beautiful girlfriend and son happy, just say the word and I will have spaghetti waiting for you every night.” I laughed as I put down two hundred-dollar bills to cover the drinks, dinner and tip.

“Let’s go home and tell the big sister that she will have a baby brother,” I held my hand out to Carson and helped her out of her chair. I couldn’t wait to get home and celebrate the news in even more ways.

Carson’s POV

“Where’s Soph?” Justin and I asked simultaneously when we found Pattie sitting on the living room couch.

“That girl was asleep by seven. The jet lag is obviously not as exhausting for you two. Why do you look so happy?” She eyed us cautiously.

“We’re having a boy!” Justin practically shouted and then pulled Pattie into a hug. I laughed as I watched her awestruck reaction.

“You two will be great with a boy,” she said, hugging us both. “Congratulations, but I will let you guys get to bed. I know you both must be exhausted, even if the excitement is masking that.” She laughed as she grabbed her purse and walked towards the door.

“Are you tired?” Justin mused as he put his hands around my waist.

“No, but I have something else in mind.” I winked at him and I watched him nearly double over with excitement. 

“Really?” He let out a chuckle. “We’ve been up for over twenty-four hours and now you’re in the mood?”

As we headed upstairs to the bedroom and he immediately slid my shirt over my head, I knew he was surprised and more than ready for a little action. Our opportunities for sex were limited since Sophie was normally in the hotel room or in the bed with us when we traveled on tour. Not that I had been in the mood at all since I was usually asleep before my head hit the pillow. But tonight was different. For some reason I felt way more energized and aroused than I had in a very long time.

Justin’s POV

The fact that Carson was in the mood immediately got me up and ready. I kicked off my jeans as I laid down on the bed and Carson straddled my lap. She started with longing kisses as she subtly started to grind against my boxers. 

The pleasure she was giving herself was made known to me as her sounds went from slight gasps to full moans. Her body was so much more sensitive as she trembled when my hands even brushed near her tender areas. 

Her teasing moans made me not want to play anymore. After so many years of not being able to satisfy myself, the only thing I wanted was to bury myself in her.

“Oh thank god,” Carson grinned as I flipped us over and slipped out of my boxers. I pulled her panties down over her long legs and let them drop onto the floor as I was more preoccupied in fulfilling our desire.

Carson’s sounds got louder as I pressed into her and gave several good thrusts to get her going. After what seemed like a very short time, I felt her nails rake on my back as her body convulsed. Her hot breath met mine as she breathed loudly in exasperation, completely engaged in the sensations running through her body. 

Carson’s POV

“Have I told you how much I love you today?” Justin smiled as he kissed me after he finished. He rolled me to my side and pulled me into his body, one of his hands lightly caressing my stomach. 

“You have, and I love you, as well.” I kissed his arm as I pulled the sheet up over my shoulders. Justin pulled me closer and kissed my neck a couple of times before I felt him fall to sleep right away. 

I laid awake, trying to tell myself that everything was going to be okay now that I knew it was a boy. Even if I realized mothering wasn’t for me, Justin would be more than ready to take care of our baby boy. I felt slightly relieved knowing that I wasn’t saddling him with another drama queen to make his life harder, but a little boy who would let Justin teach him how to play catch and kick a soccer ball. I just prayed Justin would be too preoccupied with the fact that his son was here before he realized I wasn’t cut out to deal with little babies.