Prologue

The seeer takes a shaky breath, causing a fresh wave of blood to rush passed her fingers from the gaping wound on her stomach. With each shaky breath releases a tidal wave of blood, staining her fingers and clothes a deep red. The smell of rotting flesh clung desperately to the air. She closes her eyes, trying to bring back the disappearing vision.

"The Giyra will soon open, you must find her" She spluttered, the same words she had been mumbling for months. "She will be shrouded in magic - dark magic" I lift my head, she had never mentioned magic in our conversations previous. "You must travel.." She quints her eyes behind her already closed lids, as if flinching from what she sees.

"Tell me seeer, where must I travel to?" I urge, desperately trying to keep her alive, even if it was only long enough to hear the last of her prophecy. Everything seemed so morbid, but these were dangerous times, there was no room for sympathy.

"Earlgrive..." Her breath trails off and her hand goes slack in my own. She was gone. I quietly tuck her hand back under the fur that had been wrapped around her and sit back on the stool by her bedside a  sigh leaving my mouth as I cover my face in frustration. The seer had given me nothing.