A strange encounter

I look at the clock. 2:24 am. I’m exhausted, but I can’t seem to sleep. I turn in my bed to find a more comfortable position but nothing seems to work. Insomnia is the worst. I then hear a rather unexpected sound. All of a sudden, I heard glass shattering and a loud thud from the next room. I widen my eyes, startled, but I only flinched from how tired I am. I get up somewhat calmly and hesitantly and make my way into the next room. 

I’m surprised to see a boy. It was hard to make out his details in the dark but he seemed to have longish blond hair and a long black trench coat. He laid on the floor of the hallway, glass surrounding his slender body. He looked rather frail in the situation, but I could tell he was tough. I try and get closer for a better look, but decided not to. I waited patiently as he groaned and started regaining his conscience.

“Who are you?” A bit straightforward, but it seemed to grab his attention. He stood up in one swift movement, his leg clearly injured. I noticed scarlet droplets all from his chin. His nose was bleeding. He curses under his breath before he answers.

“If I tell you will you turn me in?”

“Turn me in what does he mean by that?” “Is he some sort of criminal?” I stand my ground. “You answer my question and I’ll answer yours.” I declare. The boy just gives a nod.

”The names Jay. I decided to take a shortcut on the rooftops but I have seemed to fall through.” He explained. He looked interested. “Your turn.”

“You don’t look too dangerous, so I won’t turn you in.” He went to take a step forward, but he shuttered as he held his leg. “What’s wrong with your leg?” I question, suspicion and hint of concern dripping from every word. 

“So I’ve seemed to have injured my leg somehow.” He mused. “Kiss it better.”

A devious grin spreads across his face. I scoff. 

“Yeah, right.” I growl, half-joking. “Let’s get you cleaned up I guess.”