Care

Jay’s now sitting on my bed, with a boot off and his pant leg rolled up. He was rightfully acting like he was in pain, because there was a big gash right below his knee. I take a dry rag and hold it up in front of his face.

“Bite on to this. I’m going to put some alcohol on the cut and I don’t need you waking the neighbors.” 

To my surprise, Jay obliged and bit down on the rag. I then take a separate wet rag and pour alcohol on it, gently placing it onto his wound. His back arches slightly and he flinches but he dares not to fight it. I leave it there for a few seconds before finally putting the rag away. Jay seemed to relax after the pain slowly melted away. He spat out the rag and looked at me with gratitude. 

“Nice job, sport. You actually took it pretty well.” My compliment was subtle but he seemed to appreciate it.

“Thanks, It hurt like hell.” Jay chuckled. I handed him a tissue, and he wiped of his nose. 

“So what were you doing on my roof again?” I ask. Jay smirks. 

“I was taking a shortcut, remember?” 

“To where?” 

“Just home.” 

“Ah.” I reply, helping jay sit up. There was a faint smudged pink mark below his nose from where he had wiped the blood. I take out a pearly white bandage and place some tape on it, putting it on his injury. I then roll down his pant leg and help him put his boot back on. 

“This won’t do.” I mumble looking up at him. “You need to get to the hospital.” Jay frowns.

“You know I can’t go there. I’ll get caught!” Jay retorts. I nod slowly.

“Well, do you want food or water.” I offer.

“Water sounds amazing.” He sighs. 

“Okay, idiot. You rest here while I get that.” I smirk. Jay just smirks back, leaning back so he can lay down. I leave the room, thinking about the hectic situation I got myself into. Taking a criminal in, tch. How naive of me. Oh well, what has been done has already been done.