"you don't love me, you hurt me."

trigger warning// abuse

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

"Please, you're scaring me.."
Was all he had to say to shake Dallas into reality.
Johnny hugged his knees, staring up at his hero. His hero, turned villain.
Dallas took his hand off of Johnny's arm, looking down to see the scratch marks he left.

You hurt him. You goddamn monster, you hurt him.

Dallas' head ached as he shakily sat down next to Johnny against the stone wall.
"I'm sorry," he pleaded, desperate for things to be normal again.

"It's too late, now."
Johnny wiped the blood from his chin.

Dally felt a lump tighten in his throat, he let out a small groan. "I'm sorry." He repeated himself.

The two boys sat together, the room feeling dark and loud. Johnny meant it when he cried out, he was scared. His frantic shaking proved that fact well.

Dallas felt sick, partly because he was drunk, and partly because he saw Johnny trembling in the corner of his eye.

This was the third time this month, the third time he hurt Johnny. The third time he yelled, threw the black haired boy against the wall and punched him until something broke.

This time, it was Johnny's lip. Dally swore at him the whole time.

"What did I ever do to you." Johnny said in a low voice. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

It was quiet, and with each second more and more tension grew.

"You have to understand me, Johnny, I don't mean to." His voice began to rise once again, making his head ache more.

They both had headaches.

Johnny's may have been worse, from his head being slammed against the stone wall over and over.

He hated when Dally was drunk. Mainly because nowadays, when he's drunk, he breaks him.

And it's been worse than when his parents would break him. It made Johnny feel overwhelmed.

"You know I love you, right?" Dally asked in a serious tone.

There was another silence. The truth pierced through Johnny's heart as he realized his ongoing lie.

"Do you really?"

Dally felt ashamed that he had to asked that. He felt ashamed when Johnny's glossy eyes met his. He felt ashamed when he finally noticed the damage he's done.

"Yes, I promise."

Johnny stood up, holding his own head, hoping that it would quit throbbing.

"You know, I'd expect this from anyone else but you." Just like that, he stormed out of the house.

What have I done?

Dallas' hands balled into fists, hearing his own heartbeat in his ears. The steady, intoxicating rhythm was beating at his eardrums, setting him over the edge.