Tracker

Trackers: an elite organization put together by the Pack Leaders to help protect the Lycan community from both internal and external threats. The Trackers are comprised of an intentional mix of members from each pack under the individual united sectors. The Pack Leaders know the organization exists but do not know who the members are, even the ones from their own pack, so that no Pack Leader can use this information to their advantage.

---------------------------------------------------------

The ringing cellphone jolted Mako awake, again. She groaned, rubbing her face roughly before rolling over and glancing at the screen. She wouldn't have bothered answering if it wasn't for the fact it was the third time this morning her phone had rang, especially since it was her sister.

"What do you want Nila?" She grumbled into the phone as she pressed it against her ear.

The man in her bed suddenly rolled over and moved closer to her. His hand ran up her arm to her shoulder as he tried to pull her back into bed but she shrugged him off.

"Oh so you are alive. Good to know." Mako could hear the eyeroll in her sister's voice as it seeped through the speaker of the phone.

"Dude just get off. Jesus fuck can't you see I'm on the phone." Mako shoved the man across the bed, not missing the disappointed look on his face as he lay back down.

Nilani scoffed into the phone, "You could at least try to pretend like you have some class Koko."

"Don't call me that." Mako finally pushed herself out of her bed, grabbing a dirty shirt off the floor and pulling it on as she walked to the bathroom. She plopped down on the toilet and started to relieve herself as her sister began to ramble on.

"Mom and Dad wanted me to call and remind you about tonight's networking event. You know, the one you promised you'd go to? The one you need to dress nice and stay sober for?" Nilani reminded her and she outwardly groaned into the phone.

Of course by 'networking event' what Nilani really meant was a cocktail event at some fancy restaurant or museum or some other stuffy place. The Pack Leaders threw them once a month so that unmated adult lycans could mingle and possibly find their life-mates. Nilani looked forward to them every month, she was a romantic at heart and couldn't wait to find her mate and settle down. Mako on the other hand had other priorities, ones that would be immediately inhibited if a mate showed up in her life, and therefore had no interest. But since her parents were Pack Leaders themselves, the occasional appearance was expected, and unfortunately this time she wasn't going to be able to talk her way out of it.

As Mako flushed the toilet she could hear another disappointed sigh coming from Nilani over the phone as her sister realized what she was doing on her end but continued to wash her hands while she held the phone to her ear with her shoulder.

"I'm not a child Nila, I can remember to show up to an event." She told her bluntly while picking up the pants on the floor of the bathroom and sniffing them to check if they were clean. They weren't.

"HA! I'll believe that when I see it. Speaking of which, I'll be at your apartment at 5 tonight to make sure you're dressed appropriately and on time." Her sister spoke in a way that left no room for argument. "I'd appreciate it if you'd throw away any old takeout containers and if there were no additional guests when I got there."

"Whatever, can I hang up now." Mako brushed out her hair before throwing it up in a ponytail.

"Fine. Go off and do...whatever it is you do when you're not drinking or fornicating." Mako couldn't help but laugh at her sister's condescending statement.