nine !

ɴɪɴᴇ
ғɪʀsᴛ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ

Shouka's small body moved up and down softly with her breath as she slept slumped over on the lunch table, "Obake-san, Obake-san," Yaomomo shook her softly, a motherly like tone in her voice. Shouka slowly lifted her head and squinted at the black haired girl with a confused look on her face.

"Huh, why are you wearing costumes?" she asked tiredly rubbing her eyes, all of the girls were wearing orange costumes that had a tank top and a skirt.

Yaomomo blushed, "We were just told that after lunch we had to cheerlead to get the crowd more pumped up before the final round," she informed the small brunette, "And you hadn't eaten anything yet, so I wanted to wake you up."

"Oh, right, food," Shouka sat up completely, blinking away some of her sleepiness. "Hmm, what do I want?"

"I made you a tray, with Kyoka and Mina's help!" Uraraka blurted out, sliding a tray in front of the now awake girl, "I had no idea you were vegetarian! But they knew exactly what you wanted."

"She does get the same thing for lunch everyday," Jiro pointed out, or should she call her Kyoka? That was a matter for another time.

"Yeah, and she loves sweet stuff!" Mina exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. They all had those costumes on, it was safe to say that Yaomomo had made them due to the exact sizes of them.

Shouka ate her food as fast as she could without getting a stomach ache, her nervousness taking over, she then accidentally threw the whole tray away. Her head felt like it was about to blow itself up if she had to wait any longer, but she pushed the feeling down and went to go change in the bathroom.

As she pulled the skirt on with a little bit of difficulty, her phone buzzed from her pile of training clothes, she picked it up and smiled as she saw it was Takuma, "Hello Takuma!" She said onto the phone as she gathered her discarded clothes.

"Hey Shou-tan," Takuma laughed, knowing fully how she hated the nickname, "I just called to tell you that you're doing great and to keep up the good work, also beat that Bakugou punk."

"Takuma!" Shouka scolded, "Why?"

"He's got an ugly attitude," Takuma stated, she could see him shaking his head in her mind vividly.

Shouka rolled her eyes, "He is not that awful," she assured her uncle, "Plus I do not know if I will fight him today."

"Well, a little bird told me that you'll be doing good ol' fashioned one on one fights." Shouka stiffened.

"Why was a bird talking to you? They are only animals, right?" She spoke rapidly, her nerves getting the best of her.

"It's a saying," he informed her, "And that's why I called too, because I wanted to say that if you aren't ready for this sort of thing yet, please, please, please drop out. I know how bad you want to win, but it isn't worth your health." Shouka thought silently for a moment, was she really okay with this yet? "Shouka? You still on the line."

"Huh? Oh- yeah, yeah," she snapped out of it, of course she could do this! She was strong just like everyone else! "I know I can do this, Takuma. I've let my past hold me back before, but I won't let it get in the way at the moment."

"Okay, lots of love! Beat his ass!" Takuma cackled from across the line.

"Oh shush!" Shouka whispered, as if anyone could hear their conversation, "Love! Love!" she made a kiss noise and clicked her phone off. Finally, she walked over to the group of girls waiting for her near the entrance of the center of the stadium.