Chapter 1: He's Cold

Playing with others' hearts seemed only natural to him. For he thought humans to be two-faced liars, puppets of a rotten society. To him, humans were mere toys he could pass the time with. Men and women alike, he was disgusted by both. He hadn't regarded love more than a rush of hormones, a short phase of madness, weak and easy to break. He was a writer, his books are bestsellers. So he knew exactly how to use that wonderful tongue of his, to tell marvelous lies.

But one thing Woohyun Nam, famous author would've never imagined being dumped. By a woman, who wasn't that much, just a passing of his time. The great player, Woohyun Nam was actually dumped by a mere mundane woman.

“What did you say?” Eyes of deepest brown gazed over the woman, Woohyun not even trying to close out the annoyance from his voice.

It wasn't hurt he was feeling, his poor little heart crushed. No. What she crushed was his pride, what she stepped over was his dignity.

The woman, short, average-looking, and with a skinny body, no curves at all, half-hid herself behind the entrance door. She couldn't look at Woohyun in the eyes. Obvious was the fact that it took her all the strength and blind courage to utter those words. And yet, Woohyun tapped his foot impatiently against the floor, arms crossed, a lone red rose in his hand. Woohyun thought of visiting her, when she landed such explosive news. Silly woman, really.

“I-I want to break up with you..” She stuttered, frightened eyes gazing at her own feet.

“And why's that?” Playfulness got the best of him, since Woohyun found himself asking, quite amused, in all honesty.

“T-that's because you're so cold towards me, and lately, all the scandals involving other women.. Am I not yours already?” The woman raised her voice, and finally looked at him, with eyes dipped in agony.

Woohyun took a second, drumming his index against his chin, looking absorbed in whichever thoughts he held. Surely, he had been spending nights with other women. Why, you might wonder? Because that was him, and he enjoyed it.

“Well, you agreed on being my lover in secret, so I don't know why you fret about my actions in the open.” He began, his words dripping poison. “And besides, had it never crossed that foolish mind of yours that maybe, just maybe, that I wouldn't have done such things if you were good enough?” He finished his accusations, sounding so mean on purpose.

The woman's mouth fell agape, and she tightened her hold on the door. Woohyun Nam, that behavior was too much!

“So, don't go around, pointing fingers, when you're not even good.” A curt shrug, and his casualty returned. “Well, goodbye, dear, and hopefully, you'll learn how to satisfy a man.”

One last wink, a heartless curl of his mouth's edges, and he already had his back turned at her. While walking down the stairs, he pushed his black sunglasses back up, pulled out his phone from his pocket, and dialed someone.

“Hey sweetie, what's up?” He spoke with a mischievous grin, and rested his eyes on the rose.