2 ✧ a guide to getting arrested

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
(    
𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗬    )
' chapter two. '
a guide to getting arrested

 'a guide to getting arrested

𝗫𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗥,  𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟰.

Brandy had always wanted to settle down somewhere. She'd always dreamed of a future where, eventually, after her thieving days were done and she'd grown tired of life as an outlaw, she'd get a home and a husband, perhaps find honest work somewhere and live out the rest of her years.

Of course, she loved her father, and she couldn't deny that she did like their thrills; they'd grown close through their adventures. But it was places like Xandar that reminded her of the normal life she didn't have, of an idealistic future where children played in the city squares and the sun shined more days than not.

Brandy wanted a life like that of her own.

Unfortunately, at the rate they were going, she would never get that life. But the life she had was a good one, full of adventures and stories that others only dreamed about, so she never really complained — not in earnest, anyway.

While her father was inside the Broker's shop exchanging the Orb for their payment, Brandy waited on the edge of the platform, elbows propped on the ledge as she looked out over the square and shrugged her shoulders in time to the song playing on the Walkman; she'd taken it and clipped it to the waistband of her shorts when he'd gone into the shop.

She technically didn't need headphones to listen to music, but whoever came up with her blasted story never played a song when she actually wanted them to, and didn't take requests either, no matter how many times she yelled at the sky to play something new.

Annoying music had to make her top-ten list of reasons she hated being a fictional character.

That, and eighty percent of the time she said the word "fuck," all noise was shortly halted while a loud 'bleep' played over her voice; not that anyone else seemed to notice.

don't fake it baby, 
lay the real thing on me

The ridge upon which the Broker's shop stood was practically empty that time of day, and so Brandy moved more openly, shutting her eyes and dancing around in a manner she would normally only do if she were alone on the Milano. Her short ponytail bobbed behind her as she moved, mouthing along to the words lightly.

make me, baby 
make me know you really care
make me jump into the air

On the beat, the girl spun around quickly, and she collided with a figure standing behind her, jumping back in surprise. Brandy yanked the headphones from her ears, hanging them around her neck as she pressed her back against the ledge; her eyes widened.