19 - Good Pain

I sat in front of the mirror as Jasmine expertly worked on my hair. My makeup had already been applied, accentuating my large, gray eyes. The silk dress I intended to wear lay gracefully on the bed, alongside Jasmine's elegant golden gown. The flat iron ran through my golden locks, releasing curls of steam. My freshly trimmed hair now grazed just below my jaw, framing my facial features.

"Do you want your hair to fall to the side or in the middle?" Jasmine inquired. I looked at my reflection, contemplating which hairstyle would be most suitable.

"Let's go with the side," I replied, somewhat uncertain.

"That's what I was thinking. It'll emphasize your jawline," she responded, continuing to work on my hair, combing and applying heat protection.

After enduring about half an hour of hairstyling, my hair was finally completed. I rose from the chair and proceeded to the bathroom to put in my earrings. As I entered the bathroom, Bella walked into the room, already dressed, as her role was to welcome the guests.

"Ugh... it's so crowded downstairs," Bella complained, and I could hear the sound of her heels on the floor as she walked.

While I put on my earrings, I glanced at my reflection once more, satisfied with the authoritative image I presented. That was my goal for the evening: to exude dominance. I left the bathroom and found Bella standing beside Jasmine, helping her complete the hairstyling.

In her green velvet dress, Bella's curves were perfectly accentuated as she stood confidently. Her hair was elegantly styled in a bun, with some long strands artfully falling on her face and reaching her shoulders, giving her an angelic appearance.

"Looking stunning, Bella," I complimented her as I made my way to the bed to retrieve my dress. Bella turned around, clearly taken aback, and her mouth fell open as she gazed at me.

"You should see yourself. Damn... I love your hair," Bella praised me, her eyes shifting between me and Jasmine.

"I told her the same thing. This hairstyle suits her," Jasmine replied, a hair clip still in her mouth as she styled her luscious black curls. I blushed a little and smiled, appreciating their cheerful camaraderie.

"Thank you, guys. I guess we're all looking good for the meeting," I commented as I sat down on the bed, my mind filled with thoughts. I wondered who else would be attending the gathering today and what the meeting would be about.

I hoped Nate had a clear idea of what we would be discussing. It seemed rather naive to think that everyone had gathered for mere discussions about education, safety, and the trafficking of goods. I felt a nervous knot in my stomach at the thought of going downstairs and presenting myself as the Luna of the pack. I'd have to put on a facade, smile, show kindness and grace, which wasn't exactly my natural style of interaction.

Jasmine moved to my side and picked up her gown from the bed. I glanced up at her as she struggled to unzip the dress. She noticed my gaze and looked at me with a perplexed expression.

"Are you okay?" Jasmine asked, her tone filled with concern.

"Yeah, yeah," I replied, blinking a few times before looking away. I heard the sound of Bella's heels as she approached and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Nervous?" Bella inquired, raising my gaze to meet hers.

"A little," I admitted sincerely.

"You'll be fine. These meetings typically involve just the Alphas. They probably won't talk to you much," Bella tried to reassure me, and I offered her a smile in return.

"Come on, grab your dress and get changed. We need to be downstairs already," Bella urged me. I swiftly stood up, picked up the dress and heels, and headed to the bathroom.