His Question

"Stay with me."

Apple was speechless... her hands kept trembling from those spoken words. Apple gently broke away from his embrace, facing her body away from him.

If Apple stays here, would her story cease to exist? Then again... Raven never went forward with her prewritten destiny as the evil queen. And Daring... he was supposed to become her knight in shining armor, the one to free her from that cursed apple. In the end, his attitude landed him to become the next beast from the Beauty and the Beast story...

'So does that mean... I'm free to do whatever I want...?' Apple debated in her mind.

Apple takes one good look at Kyle. She could tell that his intentions were pure. He was not like the other fairy tales back home. He doesn't try to put on a show in front of a crowd like how Daring would.

Kyle had a choice to let her wonder off and she would have been out of his hair. Instead, he went out of his way to find Apple and bring her back to safety. He also didn't try to woo her like how the other boys would back at the Village of Book End. As much as Apple loved the attention, it would get overwhelming at times. Apple would sometimes lock herself in her dorm just to get away from it all. Getting flowers daily to her windowsill by the delivery stork, to finding marriage proposals notes in her locker.... Apple was amazed on how she didn't lose her composure from all that.

As Apple's gaze shifted from Kyle's gentle face to the book cradled in his arms, she felt certain she could return home whenever she chose. Surely, all it would take was a touch of the book to open the portal. It's not like she would be stuck here forever after. Right?

"Kyle..."

At the sound of her voice, his head lifted.