Chapter Six: The Stranger

Hello again! It's the author here! With another chapter! Yayyyyyyyy! :D

So, how are you guys? I hope all of you are doing well! Here's another chapter of the story!

Hmm...I don't have anything to say for now.

Grab your snacks! Into the story!

-----------------------------

Tenma's POV

"...Almost time to wake up, Riptide."

Same voice. Same tone.

But is it the same person?

"Come on Tenma...gotta wake up now. We're worried."

"We"? Do you mean Smokeseer, Gaomon and you? When did you come back? Why didn't you tell me that you're back already? Why leave me worried, stressed and guilty for so long?

"Please...wake up."

If that's what you want, Shark.

...Takeru.

Pushing back the urge to sleep more, I slowly open my eyes. At first, I can't make out anything. Then slowly, I see shapes. And then colors. Then three worried faces.

But he is not here.

Not waiting for me to react, one of the worried faces gasps. "Tenma! You finally wake up!" Judging from the voice, that's Shinsuke who is speaking. My assumption is proven to be right after I blink a few times, slowly taking in details of those faces. "I'm going to tell the managers and Herissmon!"

"Shinsuke..." I wince at how weak my voice sound, even to my own ears. "What happened? Where are we?" However, the small goalkeeper is already gone. I try to get up, only to get pinned down again. Turning my head, I realize that it is Shindou.

"Don't move." He says sternly. "Apparently the poison from that Digimon we just encountered is very toxic. Not only it's poisonous, but it is also spreading very fast. Fei and the others are out with Torb, finding plants that might help with it." The senior midfielder explains, putting a hand on my right shoulder. "Do you feel anything when I touch it?"

I hiss when a dull but strong wave of pain hits. "Ouch...don't push that hard, Shindou-Senpai." I complain slightly, my voice trailing off when I see his dark expression. "...what's wrong?"

"Tenma, I'm not pushing you. I didn't even put weight on it." He grits his teeth and looks around. "The poison is spreading...damn...I don't have any medicine with me right now." Shindou puts his hand on my right chest this time. "Well...might as well do a confirm...any feeling?"

"...Just a small ache, that's all." I tell him, half-sitting instead of getting up, which the strategist finds acceptable.

"Then there's still time." Shindou sighs, raising his head a bit when both of us hear footsteps. "Who's there?" He asks.

"It's us, Shindou-Senpai." Aoi's voice goes to my deaf-aids, which allow me to hear. "Sorry I didn't leave any medical equipment here...Midori-San said she needs it to collect any possible herbs."

I smile as the blue-haired girl appears with Shinsuke and Akane. "Good morning, I guess."

"More like evening," Aoi smiles faintly, but it fades just as quickly as it appears. "Anyways, time to change your bandages and to check on your wound. Fei would like to do this instead of letting me do so, but right now he is finding herbs, so too bad."

"It's not like he's going to kill you or something," I laugh, taking off my hoodie with some help from Shinsuke. Herissmon, who rolls here a little bit later, tries to help but fails because his spikes keep getting in the way.