Summer Love

"Some people are meant to fall in love with each other, but not meant to be together"
i should understand that more than most. why? i had a summer love, his name was ashton. and he was the best thing to ever happen to me. want to hear my story? good, because i'm about to tell you the whole thing.
- - - - - - -
it was a tuesday afternoon. i went on my daily walk, and i stopped at dairy queen. it was hot and i wanted ice cream, before i came in i was turning my music on my phone off.
' whack! ' i fell to the ground.
" i'm so sorry! are you okay love?! " i heard a voice ask, someone lifted me off the ground.
" er, yeah, i'm .. okay. thanks. " i brushed my outfit then looked up, making eye contact with the most gorgeous guy i have ever seen. suddenly i got self conscious, i kept messing with my hair. he chuckled at me.
" you look beautiful, love. " i instantly blushed, which caused him to grin widely.
" since i almost knocked you out with the door, let me make it up to you and buy you ice cream! " usually i'd say no, because i dont like people paying for me, but i couldn't resist him. he just looked so adorable, with his puppy dog eyes, and his small little pout. i finally gave in and agreed.
" yes! " he exclaimed, and i giggled softly. we walked in together and ordered. after we got our food, we sat and talked. he told me his stories, i told him mine. i made him smile, he made me smile. i made him laugh, he made me laugh. from that first time we made eye contact when i got up, i knew i'd love him for a long time. looking at him gave me a spark, and such an adrenaline rush. i can't even begin to explain. honestly even if i did explain, none of you would truly understand. everyone loves different, and ashton and i's love was truly a once in a life time kind of thing. i had truly fallen in love with my best friend. i remember practically everything.
our first kiss; under a willow tree, when the stars were shinning bright around us.
first date; at dairy queen, he decided to be funny and hit me with the door when i went to walk in and meet him. he's lucky i loved him so much.
first " i love you's " ; we were just going on a walk, and suddenly he turned and looked at me, very serious.
" i love you, Abbi. " then he just continued to walk, i was so shocked. but i managed to whisper back,
" i love you, Ashton. "
but, we also had bad times..
like our first fight. it was so stupid, it was over a video game. he was always playing on it, and i felt he never was that intrigued with me. lets just say.. we shared some mean words, but we eventually understood each other.
then.. when we broke up..
it was when he got big. he moved away, forgot our small town, forgot me, and all the memories. i haven't seem him, but i will always remember him.
so just incase you're reading this..
i love you, ashton fletcher irwin.
you were my first love, and you'll be my last.
5SecondsOfAbbi