Chapter 1

This is just an unedited and unfinished version. I just want people's opinions, so, if you could, state your opinion on this story so far! :) P.S, this is inspired by the novel: Mo Dao Zu Shi.

Crackle, crackle, crackle. The flames brightened the moonless night sky. Civilians scrambled, screaming as they fled. Two remained in the catastrophe, unmoving. They glared at each other; pink orbs met red orbs. The women stood and stood, carrying instruments; a flute and a guqin.

Finally, the one with white hair spoke, "Yin Ning, why are you doing this?"

Yin Ning, the one with inky black hair, scoffed, "Why shouldn't I do this? There are no rules, Yang Qishuan. You and your righteousness! I hate people like you the most! Save the people, save the people! Bah! All bullshit! You should just stay quiet like the others."

Yang Qishuan frowned. "Yin Ning, you've...you've changed. How have you come to this!?" Tears brimmed her eyes, "You were the best shijie I've known. You were so...kind! But, now, you are nothing but a monster that murders others for your own greed. Yin Ning, answer me! Why!?"

Yin Ning sneered, a deadly, murderous glint in her eyes, "Why? Ha! You wonder 'why?' Yang Qishuan! Do you know how it loneliness feels? Do you? Also, do you know how it feels when the person you've loved since childhood, married the person you nurtured? Do you, Yang Qishuan!?"

Yang Qishuan froze. Shijie...Suddenly, guilt and pity tugged her heart. I ruined Shijie's life. I stole her crush for my own selfishness and abandoned her to deal with her broken sect. She grabbed her hair, How am I so oblivious!?

Yin Ning noticed her actions, her emotions, and scowled, "I don't need your pity. Just...leave. Leave before I maim you." She swept her sleeves and turned to leave.