Main in 1st person POV

I push open the door to the police station and smile at my partner, Dean Gates. As I was heading towards the coffee machine, hoping to shake off some morning drowsiness, Gates called out, "Hey Alison! We got some field work to do today." That ment that there were no pushing cases that needed their detective expertise, leaving them to stop petty crime, speeding, stealing, drunk driving, the fun stuff. Sighing, I filled up my to-go cup with coffee and headed out to meet Gates in the rainy Boston night.

We parked out by a stop sign on a muddy road that many civilians neglect, and we waited. After a few hours of small talk between my partner and me we saw someone speeding down the street and whiz past the stop sign. Gates put the squad car in drive and we chased after them. Instead of slowing down he took off at the sound of the sirens. The rain came down harder as the vehicle swerved and lost control, our car wasn't much steady either. Finally he crashed into a large pine tree. We became soaked as we approached the car. I recognized the driver as a suspected bank robber with tattoos sprawled across his arms, he was knocked out from the crash. Gates put him in cuffs and we headed back to the police station.

A/N An assignment I did for language arts using Alison Main not a continuing story