Special Scene

EPILOGUE.

1 YEAR LATER.

NASH.

It was a wonderful and rare phenomenon to have a day dedicated to me, shared by people who cared about me.

I suspected we were celebrating something when Rowan gifted me with an expensive formal attire, showing up to my door with his dolled up daughter. He drove us to the Larsen household, and that was when I thought: okay, this must be quite the event.

Imagine my bewilderment when my two sisters and the close-knit family that I'd created for myself cried out in surprise and congratulations, and it was all for me.

My face heated up instantly, and I turned to Rowan in awe. "What is this?" I asked with wide eyes, holding a hand to my stomach.

"Your graduation dinner, of course!" He beamed with pride. "We're celebrating you."

"Oh my God, Rowan." I stepped closer to him to give him an appreciative hug. "I told you, I didn't need anything."

"You deserve this," he whispered in my ear. "Go on."

Strangely, I quite liked the attention. It gave me a sense of accomplishment- like people were witnessing me doing something good with my life for once. My sisters were the first to embrace me.

"Congratulations!" Kai commended as Mel rubbed my back proudly. "Again."

They led me further into the house, and everyone followed us outside to a long, adorned table with graduation decorations. I saw my good friends there including some other family members around my age that I had reconnected with. And of course, the kids that I cherished including Athena, Dawn, and the newest addition, Royce who was clinging to his uncle Dawson.

I couldn't be more grateful for all of them.

"Thank you for this, oh my God," I thanked Casper and David for throwing the dinner at their house.

"Are you kidding?" Casper hugged me, swaying side to side in excitement. He then gasped. "We got you gifts! Stick around, okay?"

"Come on; you're the center of the party," David said, leading me to the head of the table near my boyfriend.

Rowan took my hand, standing next to me. "I wanna make a little speech and a toast before we all eat. Cas, can we get drinks for everyone?"

"One step ahead of you." Our gracious little host procured some non-alcoholic wine, pouring some in everyone's cup. Luckily, there was regular juice for the babies.

Then Casper picked up his own glass and tapped a spoon against it. He giggled. "I like doing that." Once everybody's attention had been grabbed, he blushed and nodded at Rowan to speak.

He stepped forward a bit, keeping our hands interlocked. "First of all, I appreciate the fact you're all here and some of you traveled upon my request to celebrate today. It means a lot, and I think Nash was genuinely surprised."

I nodded eagerly and my family and friends chuckled.

"He told me long before he even graduated that he didn't want a gift, or a party because it was just another day. But it's not." Rowan shook his head, looking at me. "You've come incredibly far. You might not realize it, but I'm glad we're here to remind you that we've all seen the way you've grown in the past year alone. Things that you didn't think you could accomplish, we watched you achieve. So, I speak for everyone when I say we're proud of your journey toward happiness and love and laughter."

I smiled at him so brightly it almost hurt. "Oh, stop." I heard Kami laugh, and Athena lightly clapped above her head.

"Okay, let's make a toast, you guys." Rowan picked up his glass, and we all followed suit. "To a new chapter of good health, a wonderful job, and a blessed future. To Nash."