Daffodils

Hmmmm

David?

I try to open my eyes... ugh! My eyes are protesting, they want to remain shut. They feel so heavy! Maybe I just need a few more minutes.

Hmmmm

Niña ... Niña...

David?

I slowly open my eyes and this time, a blurry figure appears before me and there is no mistaking it... David?

I slowly reach out to touch his face but I can't feel anything. My head still hurts but I still stretched out as far as I could...

Niña! Niñaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH!

I suddenly woke up... heart beating fast.

David.

I sat up and felt my heart. I rub my face which I now realize is kind of sweaty and I feel my eyes heat up for the millionth time. No matter how I wish it was real... It was only just a dream. I hug my legs and rested my head on my knees.

He's not coming back any more Niña.

I repeated that thought over and over again and just as my tears we're about to fall...

*BANG!*

My door was 'banged' open and there stood my two best friends by the doorway: Von and Candy.

"Niña!" Von rushes to me "We've been knocking on your door for ages!" he sits on the coffee table in front of me and inspects me from head to toe "Wow... you.look.horrible"

"Why haven't you answered any of our calls? We were so worried!" Candy chimes in a hand on her forehead.

"As soon as Candy called me that no one could contact you, I rushed to..."

Von goes on and on about... what is he saying? Something about his work, I don't know. I couldn't focus on what he was saying; I was caught off guard with my reflection on the mirror hanging by the wall. What a sight! Pimples breaking out of my cheeks and forehead, red eyes surrounded with dark circles – no wonder it hurts so much, oily hair, and is it just me or did I lose a lot of weight? And... am I still wearing the same outfit I wore on David's burial; which was what, three maybe five days ago? I don't know...

All I know now is, Von's forcing me to eat the sandwich he brought for me and as soon as I chug down a bottle of water, Candy's already dragging me to the bathroom "We can't go out with you looking like that".

I give her a confused look "We're – we're going out?" I ask weakly.

She cocked her head then raised an eyebrow "I knew it! You didn't listen to a word we said" she sighs then pushes me inside "It's been three days Niña, you have clean yourself. We'll take care of your broken door"

She closes the door and leaves me. I lean on it and think if it is a really good idea to go out. I still feel I don't have enough energy and I'm really not in the mood, but knowing my friends... there's nothing I can do now.

I shivered at the first touch of the water on my skin. It was cold but the longer I stay and let it flow through my body, I'm not sure if is it the water getting warm or it's becoming tolerable?

I close my eyes and instantly felt calm as I let the water rain over me... hitting my face. I could stay here forever... yeah I could, but couldn't. Not if my friends keep knocking on the door interrupting my thoughts by constantly checking up on me, making sure I'm still alive.