I

2055.
Somewhere in Rockport, Florida.

  Null hummed to the AC/DC song that played on the radio, enjoying the warm air of Florida. Thank god this mission was at night, or she'd be hard boiled in her stealth suit. The song abruptly stopped, making her look over.

         "Null, you all set in position?" The voice was muffled, you could barely hear it over the static.

         "Player. Glad to hear you're on board..and only...four minutes late." She glanced at her watch, moving to pick up the binoculars.

          "Oh fuck off. You didn't radio in first, how was I suppose to know you were waiting?" 
  Players voice struggled to get through the static. Null adjusted to the right frequency.

            "I would have if I wanted to, but you know ladies never are suppose to make the first move." She stifled a chuckle, knowing that type of shit bothered Player allowed her to tease him about it.

        "The thing is Null, you were told when you were training, BY ME, that you need to radio in first." His disappointment and annoyance at her is apparent over the radio now that it was set to the right frequency.

"Whatever, just tell me what I'm looking for, it's starting to get sticky in this fucking stealth suit." She huffs, looking through the binoculars once again, waiting for Player to tell her what she was looking for.

"You are looking at a meeting between the CDF and USCPF. CDF is supposedly buying land from the USCPF. We need you to confirm for me if that's what they're doing"
Player's voice is low as he focuses on telling Null the lowdown of the situation.

Null groans. "Why do we need to know this? Couldn't you have done this yourself?" She yawns, bored of being a messenger and assistant.

Player scoffs. "Just fucking confirm what I said. Is there an exchange for land or not." The line goes silent as Null scans. Her eyes land on a medium sized wad of singles, and some change being handed over. The first man slides it over, the second man slides over a piece of paper.

Null clears her throat. "I can confirm that there is an exchange going on. CDF is buying land." Her voice rings out, her thoughts spiraling. Was this really what she wanted to do with her life? Be a messenger, an assistant, constantly following orders? No.

"Thank you. Your next mission is near Lake Mead, Arizona. Go to the atom kick factory near the Craterview settlement and await further instruction. Radio out."

His voice was all business, the 'casual' being vacant from the supposed 'business-casual.' Null sighed as the radio clicked off. Getting up and dusting off her black cargos. Null shoved all her stuff into her bag, which eventually got shoved into her car. The radio stirred.

"When you get to the west border of Arizona, there will be a black dune buggy waiting for you filled with what you need." The voice on the other end of the radio wasn't Players, but instead her boss, 'The operator.'

She picked up the radio. Pressing the button. "10-Four" she called, slamming the door of her car. It was a long way to Arizona.

// Authors Note //
Thank you for reading, this is the first of many many many chapters I hope.
Please be kind to the fact that the lore isn't completely 100% accurate, with some details modified for the storyline, as well as the fact that the official lore isn't that detailed. I hope you enjoyed it and I can't wait for you to read the next chapter!

☻Ellie