I Wanna Be Yours

a continuation/prequel from the wedding because i can't shut up on twitter. shoutout to one of my friends (won't say bc i respect her privacy 🥺) for the idea . enjoy loves 💕

Ben's hands were on your waist whereas yours were hung over his shoulders

Ben's hands were on your waist whereas yours were hung over his shoulders. He pulled you closer to him, not wanting to let go. He chuckled when you stumbled over your heels, your grip on him tightened in fear of falling on your face in front of everyone.

The buzz of the people around you didn't affect you and Ben. You ignored the music that the speakers blasted. Ben's whispers of him being happy to be married to you filled your ears.

The both of you swayed in the middle of the dance floor. You laid your head on his shoulder. You looked up to see Rami and Lucy dancing together as well. Lucy sent you a wink just as Rami twirled her. Sending her a smile, the couple danced away. Your eyes darted around. You watched as Roger and Brian chatted with Sarina and Anita. Joe was on his phone, taking a selfie with a cardboard cut out of Ben. Gwilym and Allen were dancing with their girls as well. The cast of 6 Underground were having fun around the table that they were settled in.

You closed your eyes, letting Ben hold you and guide your swaying. You listened to the song that started to play. Smiling, you hummed along to it. I Wanna Be Yours by Arctic Monkeys were your's and Ben's song. You listened to it on your first date — it played softly in the background as Ben pointed out the constellations to you while laying on the grass.

"You call the shots, babe. I just wanna be yours," Ben sang softly into your ear. Your eyes were still closed but you knew he was smiling. "Secrets I have held in my heart are harder to hide than I thought."

He sang the song in your ear, holding you closer to him if it was even possible. Your neck started to hurt so you looked up and rested your forehead on his. His eyes stared into your soul. He didn't stop singing the song, though.

Ben drew circles on your waist with his thumb. The two of you were so close that you could feel his lips on yours although you weren't exactly kissing. You smiled at him as the song almost finished.

"I will never rust, I wanna be yours," Ben sang. He closed the almost non-existent gap between your lips. You giggled but it came out as a muffle. Running your hands through his hair, messing up the hairdo that took the stylists a long time to perfect.

The last few lines of the song played. You and Ben still swaying on the dance floor.

I just wanna be yours, wanna be yours.