one.

kentrell desean gaulden

__________

"Kd, and Teelee y'all turn." Joe said, the both of them nodded. Teelee said she would go first.

"Dear Lord, it's been six years since we last seen our friend, and bestfriend. She was abducted by cruel people, and she didn't deserve it. She was always the highlight of our lifes, she help all of us overcome almost every challenge in our life time. She was like my little sister but she was more mature then me, she was the sparkle of my life when she popped up into it, she showed me what real love was when she introduced me to her cousin, and he made me so happy, he gave me my first babyboy.... and it's all thanks to her." Teelee broke down, letting her lantern blow in the wind into the dark sky.

"I still can't believe it's been a whole six y-years lord my best friend is truly gone, and I have no idea if I might ever see her again, but I just want to tell her I love her one more time. I've been a mess without her and knowing there's evil people that took her ripping her away from us, tearing everybody's hearts in half, and some of us in a million pieces. Just knowing that she was actually kidnapped, somebody could be beating her, or even starving her. I hope she's fighting for her life, she was always the one of the strongest of the group. I just hope she comes back soon." Kd let the tears flow from his eyes, pecking hir lantern, before he slowly let it go. Everybody watched his lantern flow into the sky.

"That was the last lantern?" Monique said with tears rapidly falling down her pretty brown face.

We all exited the park, splitting into two group, everybody got into there assigned truck, and we pulled out the park's parking lot.

"Momma, what August do. She was kind, she ain't deserve this. I couldn't imagine he doing something to disrespect to somebod-- Kentrell, most likely she didn't do anything, somebody probably took her because... I don't even know, I still don't know how to handle this." She broke down right in front of me. I've never seen Moniqe do that. I pulled my joddie over my head, laying my head on teelee's lap.

"Do any of us remember the day she went missing, somebody must've?" I heard Kd say.

Then it hit me...

_______

"Momma, can August come to the store with us?" I asked Sheronda, drinking the rest of my water.

"See I knew you was gone ask, so I called her momma. Yeah she can go." She answered, I squealed under my breath, before running back outside.

"She said you can go." I told August.

"Thanks for asking." She thanked me.

"Hey, kenny?" I heard August ask me, laying her head on my shoulder.

"Yes pretty lady."

"What's your future plans, like after we finish highschool." She asked, I moved some of her curly hair out my face.

"I wanna rap, but I don't know. What about you?"

"I kinda wanna be a actress, but I don't know either." She said.

"I asked because, I hope we're still bestfriends when we older." I nodded my head in agreement.

"August, Kentrell c'mon." My momma came out the front door, holding her purse.

Me and August got in the backseat strapping are seatbelts in.

"Kentrell I gotta question for you."

"How would you feel about another brother?" She asked me, I scrunched my face up, looking straight at August. She looked back at me shrugging her shoulders.

"Mane I don't need another Kendall ma'." I whined, she started laughing like I was joking.

________

"KENTRELL DESEAN GAULDEN." Teelee yelled, smacking my forhead.

"Is you okay. You spaced out for about seven minutes." I nodded, sitting up, laying my head on the window.

"It's okay we'll see her again."......