Chapter Twelve - Findings

Lightwave lifted a hand to the door and knocked.

"Just a klik," called a voice from inside.

Momentarily, the door opened, revealing a young mechling.

One that Lightwave immediately recognized as the older son of his friend.

The racer grinned down at the confused mechling.

"Mech, you look like a spitting image of your sire."

The fourteen-vorn-old blinked several times, staring up at the taller mech. "Uh, back up. Who are you again?"

Collecting himself, Lightwave snickered. "I'm Lightwave, mechling. Remember me?"

Blurr continued to stare, furrowing his optic ridges. "No. Wait, maybe?

"You look familiar."

"Ouch," Lightwave said with a wince. He sighed, tilting his helm. "I'm your Sire's friend."

The mechling's optics widened in realization. "Oh, yes. You.

"What do want?"

It was Lightwave's turn to stare and blink.

"Uh, I just came to check on you, Blurr," the racer said quietly. "Your creators were my friends. And I was worried about you younglings."

Blurr leaned against the doorpost of his room. He crossed his servos.

"Yeah, I remember you now. But I'm fine."

Tilting his helm, Lightwave continued. "If you ever need anything, at all, please let me know. I-"

Holding up a hand, Blurr shook his helm. "Look, I appreciate it, but I don't need anything. I'm fine."

Pushing off of the doorframe, the youngling turned to go back inside.

"Blurr, wait." Lightwave moved forward a step and placed a hand on Blurr's shoulder, stopping him.

Blurr turned his helm, narrowing his optics. "Look here- "

"I want to help you," Lightwave said earnestly. "Please let me."

Frowning deeply, Blurr turned around, shaking the mech's hand from his shoulder. "That investigator sent you, didn't he?"

"What?" Lightwave drew back. "No. What are you talking about?"

"The Polyhexian investigator who keeps bothering me."

Lightwave glanced around, hands on his hips, wondering how to handle the situation.

"Look, Blurr. I don't know this investigator mech, but I do know this.

"Your sire was my friend and if you'll let me, I'd like to be yours."

Blurr shook his helm, raising a hand to point at the mech. "Listen. I don't need my brother, I don't need that nosy investigator, and I certainly don't need you."

He turned away, crossing his servos. "Now if you don't mind, I have homework."

Shoulders sagging, Lightwave nodded. "Sure, I'm sorry I bothered you Blurr.

"But could you tell me one thing?"

"What's that?" Blurr snapped.

"Speaking of your brother, where can I find him?"

Blurr sighed, still not looking at the mech. "Ask my aunt. She lives in Polyhex. Last I heard, Steeldust was being adopted. She should know where he is."