sami's backstory

(i ain't got a song for this one)

sami has a sister, veronica who's eight years older than him. they're really close. his mother left them after sami was born, so he never met her. his father was an alcoholic and regularly neglected their needs, sometimes going as far to refuse to buy food for them, meaning veronica had to get a job at the age of ten working with their uncle robert in a garage. at first he thought she was just doing it for fun or for pocket money, but when she was sixteen she she opened up about her father. he was arrested for child abuse and sami and veronica were put into the custody of robert and his girlfriend sarah.

he accepted he was gay when he was in college, after struggling with it since he was fifteen. his father had been madly homophobic and he feared that robert, his brother, would he too. robert, veronica and sarah all accepted him with open arms, and he started dating his roommate james. james seemed like the perfect guy at first. sami put all his trust and loyalty into him, but eventually james started morphing into a prick. aight that may be an understatement. he started verbally abusing sami to the point he developed depression. on the side, james was also cheating on him with a barista at the local coffee shop, a woman named mikaela.

they broke up, and it was messy.

Robert moved out of his house because the bath would basically be filled by the time the water decided to heat up, but he gave sami the house and offered to pay his rent. sami refused, but did decide to work for him for a while, while also animating and taking commissions on the side. it was at robert's garage he met jordan, and instantly fell in love. jordan was having troubles with literally everything in his car, and sami managed to slip his number under the category 'professional only.' but they started getting to know each other and eventually arranged a date.

sami almost died. on their one year anniversary, the boys went hiking on a snowy mountain with veronica. sami got caught in an avalanche. he was stuck under the snow for five minutes and was unconscious when they found him. jordan pulled him out and immediately went back to the bottom of the mountain. sami regained consciousness when the heat of their car started to warm him up. he'd never cried so hard.

the next year after that, jordan moved in.

the year after that, they got engaged.

two years later, and it was their wedding anniversary.