Born vs Bitten

Talia's outfit above.
---
"Only God can take our failures and turn them into victories."
― Evinda Lepins

_____

I huffed in annoyance at the sight of our empty fridge.

"Derek!"I yelled.

"What?"Derek groaned,heading straight for his coffee.

Of course there's coffee,but no fucking food.

"Where the hell is all of my food?"I growled,my stomach joining my protest.

"Don't ask me,Peter was here all afternoon after I left"Derek shrugged.

"You left a sociopath in our loft!"

"Please don't fuss at me this early in the morning"Derek groaned.

"Well what the fuck do you want me to do Derek? You need to grow a pair and tell Peter to fuck off. If I see him lounging about,I will tear him a new one"I growled,turning around and heading to my room. Changing into a pair of high waisted shorts and a black crop top with a flannel and a pair of my black converses to match,I grabbed my wallet and keys to head to the store.

Ignoring Derek I headed for the closest restaurant.

__
Moaning at the fantastic taste of my McDonalds fries and shoving all my food into the little babyseat of the shopping cart,I strolled around the store in search of food to take home. Pondering on how stupid my argument was with Derek,I decided that I wasn't in the wrong. Derek was for leaving our crazy uncle in our loft alone,and Peter for eating all my goddamn food.

Everyone knew I ate like a horse,which used to worry my mother. But she figured it was because I was a shifter and my metabolism ran faster than everyone elses. So tell me what in the actual fuck Peter was thinking in eating my food.

God I love food.

Tossing a jar of nutella and other junk food I end up craving eventually,I headed over to the normal food and tossed enough in my cart to feed an army.

Shoving past rude people I paid for my food and left out towards the parking lot. Making sure all my delicates were in a safe place I shoved the cart onto the little mulch thingy near a tree and headed back to my car. Turning the key ,I noticed I was low on gas.

"Great,just fucking great"I groaned,diving off and heading to a gas station.

I was closing my fuel tank when I heard a moan of pain.I followed the sound and saw Brett lying on the ground,clutching his bloody side.

"What the hell happened to you?"I rolled my eyes,crouching down to pick him up off the floor.

"Talia be-"He started when I heard footsteps running towards us.

"Fuck."I groaned.

I whirled around to find a pair of twins behind us,clutching guns.

"Hey boys. Y'all look like you're looking for some fun."

They raised their guns to shoot. I sighed raising my hands in surrender.

"Alright,I give up. Take me away."I huffed.

They looked at each other in confusion and I took that as my chance to knock them out and high tail it out of here with an injured Brett.

He groaned clutching his side. He panted,his eyes wary and he looked ready to pass out at any minute.

"Brett! Stay with me!"I yelled,revving my car to life and heading to my loft.

"H-how'd you know I was there?"

"I didn't"I shrugged,grabbing his arm and taking some of his pain.
_____

Brett was resting on the couch of the loft when Derek walked in. He looked at me with raised eyebrows,a slight smirk on his face.

"Thought you weren't the rescuing type."He laughed,hopping on the counter as I put all of the groceries away.

"He's a beta from a pack,Derek. If that were my beta in danger,I'd want someone to save him too."

"How is the pack?"

"They're okay. I've been waiting for a good time to head down there and pay them a visit."

"Why haven't you?"He asked,throwing the spaghetti sauce jar.

"Nows not a good time."

"Why not?"

"Derek. We have bigger problems right now."

"Like what?"

"Like coded dead pools and a bunch of teenagers running around with guns and supernatural abilities."

"You're a teenager too,Talia."he reminded.

"Not biblically..or mentally."I heaved.

____
"Thanks,you know. For saving my life...again."Brett scratched the back of his neck.

"No big deal. It's becoming a hobby I guess."I shrugged.

"I owe you my life."He smiled.

"And then some."I stared out the windshield,waiting for him to get the hell out of my car so I could go for a run.

"Thank you."He stated,looking at me. I nodded,dismissing him. He walked to his door and headed inside,making me sigh in relief and drive off.

I need to shift.

___
Brett

I shut my front door,leaning against it. I know I probably shouldn't feel something for her,but I can't help it. Something just pulls me to her,making me wonder exactly what is so special in Talia Hale.

Something drew me to her,something besides her beauty and the fact that if she wanted to she could rip me to pieces.

I knew my alpha was against violence and all,but we're all in danger. And if there's any way we're going to survive,its by joining up with Talia Hale.

A/N:Hey guys I know this chapter is short but I promise I will have a new chapter up ASAP. I'm going to follow season four's plot loosely so it's easier to update. This story will not be exactly like season four but it will follow the major events.

Thanks for reading! Vote,comment,and check out my other stories pls!