Sweven

New year's Eve it is and here we see everyone celebrating it, it's new year of course. The Pillars headquarters was quite peaceful as usual. Kagaya Ubuyashiki, the head of the pillars, prepared a grand banquet as a celebration for the members and all their hard work throughout the entire year. On the other hand, those who ranked lower than the pillars didn't even get to celebrate for New Year's Eve. One of these few people were the so-called trio-Tanjiro Kamado, Inosuke Hashibira and Zenitsu Agatsuma. They were forced to train even if it was in the middle of a holiday. Yet they had planned to sneak out when dusk hits the pavement, better if the moon was at its peak-to make sure no one, even the trainers-Aoi Kanzaki, Kanao Tsuyuri and the three little toddlers, would see them.

It was a busy night at the town where the three friends were staying close to. Apparently, there was a festival happening and the traditions were set.

The three demon slayers were walking around the festival when suddenly, the music started busting out of nowhere. It wasn't some disco music, in fact, it was a music where people can have a slow dance. The three of them then got pulled into the big crowd of people dancing. Apparently, those who step foot in town and were within the festival grounds, were required to dance. Especially if a slow dance music was playing. Well, the three of them didn't have a choice now didn't they? Accepting the tradition, they started dancing. Grooving with the music.

Tanjiro and Inosuke found partners to dance with while Zenitsu stood awkwardly in the center with no partner. He was a sore thumb. The yellow haired sighed in defeat and was about to leave the dance floor when something, rather someone, tugged on his sleeve. Zenitsu looked down and saw a tiny Nezuko tugging on his shirt. It was such a blessing, to have a pulchritudinous sight unveil before him. Ebony locks fading to a mandarin hue, flowing all the way down to where her fingertips could reach. Eyes that pierced right through one's soul, captivating in its own way. An ever-so-sweet smile, where one could not resist to gaze from its beauty. The lad bearing the color of yellow for threads, have already fallen head over heels for the young lady. Demon as she may be considered, her appearance contradicted it otherwise.

"Ara, Nezuko-chan, what's the matter?" Zenitsu asked. The tiny demon girl pointed to the center of the dance floor, wanting to convey something towards the lad yet she couldn't speak for she had shackles put on her mouth. Zenitsu, taking a hint then asked the little demoness. "Would you like to dance with me m'lady?" Nezuko nodded a few times, before dragging the male to the dance floor along with her. Stopping right at the middle, Nezuko started dancing to the beat. Turning to the regular sized girl she is. Zenitsu looked at the young girl that was now in front of him, moving to the music, which made him to accept her invitation and just dance. Now, the two of them were enjoying themselves.

Put your hand in mine

You know that I want to be with you all the time

You know that I won't stop until I make you mine

Until I make you mine

All was going well, Zenitsu pretty much enjoyed everything-especially when he got to dance with the most dazzling girl there is, and that was Nezuko. Time didn't seem to move when he was holding her hand in that slow dance, his skin brushing over hers when she would move closer to him, seeing how happy she was-it was sheer heaven, indeed. When someone ruined it, Tanjiro went screaming from the crowd, rushing towards him. As the red-head inched more closer, Tanjiro violently shooked him. Zenitsu, being as clueless as he was, tried to calm his friend down-when the surroundings started to become dark, everyone started disappearing, even Nezuko.

"Zenitsu... Zenitsu... ZENITSU!" Zenitsu woke up, only to be greeted by a worried Tanjiro. "You passed out from our practice with Aoi and Kanao. We were worried sick!" Tanjiro exclaimed. Zenitsu looked at the red-head with confused eyes. Didn't they just enjoyed a festival, where he and Nezuko were having a great time together while slow dancing?

"I... I thought we were dancing, weren't we at a festival just now?"

"What? Zen, we haven't been in a festival and we didn't dance! We were here at the butterfly residence the whole time! Are you hallucinating?" Ah... So all of those were just hallucinations his playful mind made up. His happy gleam turned into a frown as he glanced around everyone. Inosuke was there, being scolded by Aoi. While Kanao displayed such void expressions-Tanjiro, and the three little youngsters were just looking at him, worrying if he was still in great shape to be able to train for the rest of the day.

Aoi, noticing that the yellow-head has regained his consciousness back, uttered. "I guess this marks the end of the training for today, you three can go take a rest now."

Night falls unto the shallow lands, with the full moon resembling to be the only light there is-there, sitting in the edge on the floor boards was the same lad who fainted a while ago. Disappointed about what happened earlier, wishing that it was just a dream. Zenitsu seemed to be lost in his train of thoughts when he heard a noise not from afar-stepping out of the shadows was Nezuko, fully awake from taking a nap the whole day. Zenitsu smiled at her. "Nezuko-chan! How was your sleep?" He said, with the goofy tone of his.

The female then suddenly rushed to him, tugging at his sleeve, pointing to an open space within the mansion that the sliver of the moon was being focused on. She kept pointing at the spot while making the same 'hmmp hmmp' noises. As soon as Zenitsu stood up, Nezuko pulled him and dragged him to the location she was pointing to earlier. It looked like it was the same from his daydream earlier, could it be-that the female was inviting him over for a dance? Zenitsu couldn't help but to gleam for joy. He hummed the same song that was playing in his fantasy earlier, taking the hand of the lass as they started to slow dance-this time, it was for real. No more hallucinations, no one would disturb this dance of him with her. Just Zenitsu and Nezuko, dancing under the moonlight.

Put your hand in mine

You know that I want to be with you all the time

You know that I won't stop until I make you mine

Until I make you mine