The Dead's calm

Undead; a perfect word to describe those whose body is physically functioning yet mentally demised. Their figures resemble those of a distorted, half-tormented human being. Soaked in blood, flesh coming apart, their bodies slowly start to rot despite having to devour human flesh to preserve themselves.

Nezuko, stuck in such an inevitable fate that the cruel world had written for her, had faced difficulties when she was turned into one of those monsters. Her skin became paler than before, her eyes were discolored, losing the old roseate shade that it once was—yet, it still shone more radiant that the rays of the sun. Anyone who would come across her would definitely panic and hide, but not her brother.

Even as a zombie, Tanjiro still considered her as his one and only sister. He pledged to protect her until he expels his last wave of breath. This made Nezuko feel something within her, a warm feeling that she used to have when they were still a complete family. It was Tanjiro's undying sibling love for her.

As soon as she recognized her brother after tackling him on the ground; like a hunter ready to gnaw on its prey, almost to infect him and turn him into like her—transparent fluids ran down her orbs. She couldn't. She couldn't hurt the only family she had left. Since that day onwards, Nezuko has gotten used to living the life of the undead.

❝Humans are family, you must protect them—they are not the enemy you think they are.❞

Something that awaken her senses back alive– humanity.

"Grrr–"

Tanjiro grabbed her by the neck as he hovered only to roll over just to save her.

"Nezuko would never eat humans! Nezuko is different!"

Her roseate orbs set her gaze towards the lad in front of her, how did this happen?

Her once happy life was now replaced by a pulchritudinous sight, corpses of her love ones, lifeless and cold with the atmospheric estate.

She only wished halcyon life yet was given lethargy.

Just what more could possibly go wrong?

The virus already spread. She only had half of her vision left as human. Other half was completely zombified. Her demonic featured became more livid, yet her humanity still remained.

'The disease that makes us the monsters we are known to be; it is what wipes away the last of our humanity - Bloodlust.'

Staring at the lad before her as she stayed on her brother's side she can only see some of his features from his, bearing the color of yellow for threads no questions, he's totally head over heels for her.