9

carter

__________

I was surprised.

Matt still had a line for a meet and greet, which kind of befuddled me. I had been reading up on his Twitter, looking at the replies he had been getting, and 9/10 weren't positive.

Aaron and Shawn had their lines on either side of him, acting like guardians. It was kind of pathetic that he couldn't stand on his own two feet, theoretically.

There was a rumor that Matt had been sitting on the window sill yesterday, rocking back and forth. I wasn't worried. It wasn't about me, and if it was, well then fuck him for not taking a joke.

I mean, come on. It was all in good fun, until Aaron made it seem like what we were doing was wrong. It was in the best interest for our futures.

Hayes wasn't talking to me, blaming me for making Aaron hate him. Cameron was still talking to me, but he kind of seemed reluctant to.

"Are you okay, Carter?"

I looked back at my line, seeing that there was this girl standing in front of me. She was short and only a little younger than me, but she looked honestly concerned.

I faked a smile, honestly wanting to take a short break.

She and I took some pictures and I signed her shirt, and then the line moved on. The fans were great, but today I wasn't in the mood. They all just kinda passed me by.

I heard Matt squeal sometime during the day, and when I looked over at him, he was hugging this girl so tightly I would've thought he killed her.

"Grayson!" he exclaimed, waving Shawn over. "I've missed you!"

"It's only been a day," I heard her say back with a blush and a laugh. He smiled anyways and brought her in for another hug before expanding it to the girl's two other friends.

I turned back to my line, trying now to put some effort into greeting fans in different ways.

The day passed pretty quickly, but honestly I had been watching Matt the whole time. Aaron gave me a dirty look when he caught me once, but I flipped him the bird behind my back.

"So, what's the plan now?" I heard Matt ask Aaron and Shawn on the way back to our rooms.

"We should go walk in the city!" Aaron said. "I haven't actually gotten a chance to look around."

They all murmured out their plans, and I caught up to the Jacks. Johnson was leaning on Gilinsky's shoulder, Gilinsky's arm wrapped around Jack.

"What's going on here?" I asked.

"Jack tripped on himself and then landed awkwardly, so I'm helping him up to our room," Gilinsky explained smoothly.

"Oh, okay," I said, nodding. "Do you want some help?"

"I think I got it," Gilinsky replied with a smile.

I walked away from them, heading back singularly to my room. It was the first time in a while I'd been alone, and it seemed too quiet. I heard the laughs and shouts of the boys passing my door, and for a moment I wanted to go chase after them, until I realized something.

They hadn't invited me, and I could distinctly hear the laugh of everyone but me, and the other group of Shawn, Matt, and Aaron, but they were still together. Either they had just forgotten about me, or they didn't want me at all, but I wasn't sure which was worse.

I needed to clean up my act, but how could I when I was living with a boy who was probably too gay to function.

How could I have even been friends with him? Was he just friends because he wanted to be closer to me!

I wanted everyone to understand, but I couldn't without sounding inhumane.

So I solemnly put on some music, packing up my suitcase for when we'd all leave tomorrow. I don't know when Matt came back, because I think I fell asleep against the wardrobe.

__________

Hey ✌️

Dedicated to @OnyxIsAColor

👊How'd you like it?👊

I think I need some new plot ideas, so if you want to comment and help me out, that'd be awesome.

QOTC: What sports do you play (and want to play)?

AOTC: Soccer (my life) and basketball (we won our game today!)

Later, losers 😏☺️✌️