Fragile voice

Todoroki's POV

It's been a month since my little out burst. I should be happy to see my friends again, but, my depression has gotten worse, and the cutting hasn't gotten any better either. Eventually, I decide to go to the park to get some fresh air in hopes of feeling at least a little better.

As I get nearer to my destination, I notice Midoriya and Bakugou. They seemed to be talking, and laughing, and just getting along in general. Their smiles were bigger than any smile anyone had ever given me. I felt jealous, not because of their smiles, but, because of how much I wish I could be there too.

I felt the tears well up in my eyes threatening to fall at any given moment. When they finally did, I ran. I ran back to the dorms closing my door, I start searching for something, anything.  The more I search, the more I begin to realize just how much everything reminded me of them. I could feel all the pent up emotion starting to slip out, and I let it happen. This resulted in me telling as loud as I could and throwing everything to the ground screaming bloody murder, until I see a picture of us altogether. I couldn't help but laugh. I laughed at how I had no idea what was coming. Soon, that laughter turned to sobs, which escalated to full blown crying.

I threw the picture at the door in frustration, and watched as the glass falls to the floor. I look up from the floor and something bright red catches my eye. I see my old guitar in the corner of my dorm. I haven't played since I was 12, but, I brought it here just in case. I thought maybe singing would help get my mind off things, so, sing I did.

No one's POV
[Play the song]

Todoroki began to play his guitar making sure he got every note correct.

Walking down 29th and park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier...

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were
twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do~
Promise that I will not take it
personal, baby~
If you're moving on with someone new

'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day
I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the
truth
But I know I was happier with you

Sat in the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and
telling myself you're happier
aren't you?

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that
deserve you
but my darling
I am still in love with you

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day
I'll feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone
new
But if he breaks your heart like lovers
do
Just know that I'll be waiting here
for you...

The last thing he would have expected was the sound of sniffling, and applause, but, that's exactly what he got. He looked up to see Midoriya and Bakugou standing in his dorm, had they been crying? He thought to himself. It was easy to tell that Midoriya had been crying, Bakugou was a bit harder to read, but he soon found out that he too had been crying.