Chapter 9

I stared back at my phone screen and replied to Grayson "Umm sure, when?" We definitely needed to talk, last night was just crazy and unpredictable. My doorbell rang again, I was still debating if I should open the door to Hayes or just ignore him. My head was going to explode from so much thoughts going around at the same time. The doorbell, again, again, and again. He wont leave until I open that damn door, I know him. I made my way to the door and let in a deep breath, more like letting strength in, so I could be prepared to face him. A few seconds later I opened the door, got out and stood in front of him.

-"What do you want?" I asked him right away.
-"I bought you some donuts and your favorite milkshake. You always crave for these after a party, when your head is like dying"- he said in the most sincere way. Shit, he knows me too damn well.
-"I didn't ask you to bring me anything"
-"I know, believe me. I know that the last thing you want is to see my face. I was just worried, I know your afterparty headaches are the worst"- he looked me in the eyes for a few seconds before staring at the ground- "Will you take them? Just do it, I know is a "must have" for you right now"- I sighed and stared at the bag of donuts and the milkshake in his hands. I need them, not gonna lie.
-Fine, but just because I want to get you out of my sight"- I said while taking them out of his hands and making my way inside my house.
-"Wait"- he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him.
-Don't touch me!"- I raised my voice, he immediately let go of my arm and raised he's hands in the air, taking a deep breath.
-"Vanessa...you know I would never hurt you, right?"- he looked like he was hurt, can't tell what kind of hurting- "I mean, I would never lay a hand on you in that way..."
-"I know you wouldn't, I just don't want you around. And I think you know why"- please not, not the tears.
-Can I please come in? Just please, I want to talk to you, please"- I didn't respond, just stared at the ground. No, I'm not going to give in. He got back to town, acted like a jerk, and made me cry. All of this happened yesterday. I need to have dignity, if he wants to talk to me it's going to be under my time and rules. I don't want to talk to him, worst with this headache.
-"Not today Hayes"- I looked him in the eyes- "It's going to be when I want to, pray to god that day comes by. Because I don't want to even see you"

I turned around and closed the door. I leaned myself against it and let out a sigh. I felt a knot in my throat and my eyes getting heavy with tears. A big part of me wanted him to come in, and explain why in the world he broke me like he did. We were going so well in our relationship, he never looked at other girls or rumors about him cheating on me came near my ears. Just...why? I don't get it. Am I the problem? I don't know what to think anymore.
After recollecting myself I made my way to the kitchen, sat down and started to drink the milkshake. I smiled a little at how he remembers. No! Just stop Vanessa, stop thinking about him please! My thoughts were interrupted by my doorbell, again. I swear this dude just won't give up. I made my way to the door, but this time really annoyed.

-"Can you please leave!"- I snapped but immediately regretted it after realizing it was Grayson.
-"Whoa, someone is grumpy today"- he said cracking a smile- Can I come in?"
-"Um, sorry I thought it was someone else. Come in.
-"Yeah, you thought I was Hayes"- he said as he walked in. He surely saw him leaving the house.
-"Yeah, dude passed by a few minutes ago"- I said while Grayson sat on the sofa of my living room.
-"So...you two are hanging out?- he asked nervously.
-"No! Of course not Gray, who do you think I am?- I said a bit offended and he laughed a little.
-"I was just asking, nothing to be offended by"- I laughed along with him and sat next to him-
"We need to talk"- he said staring at me, not laughing anymore.
-"Yeah, I know. Yesterday...it was just crazy. I was drunk, and I'm sorry for kissing you and dragging you into this whole drama with Hayes. Sorry for almost getting you in a fight too. I regret it- I said almost getting out of breath.
-"You regret it? Don't worry about the drama and the fight part, I'm not scared of Hayes. I would do anything to defend you. He's a jerk. But, do you regret last night?- he said a bit shy- "Do you regret kissing me?"- I was taken back, he was so direct and straightforward.
-"Gray, I used you in front of everyone just to shut Meredith off.
-"That was outside, when we got here. In your house. Do you regret it?"- he said now facing me.
-" I honestly don't regret it Gray. But I'm afraid this might lead to something else."
-"Afraid of what? The teacher thing again? Come on Vanessa, I could care less."
-"Well I don't Gray, what if you get in trouble? Loose your job and even get expelled?
-"In that case, that would be my problem to solve. If I want to be with you I won't give a fuck about what anyone else says- he moved his hands to each side of my face- I like you Vanessa, I really do. I'm okay with risking my job, dealing with an angry ex boyfriend"- I laughed a little at that part-" I want to treat you right"- I placed my hands on top of his and let out a sigh.
-"I'm just gonna let you know that even though we had a heated session yesterday because I was drunk, that doesn't mean I'm going in right away. I'll have to get to know you first, like really get to know you. All of you- Grayson smiled and gave me a kiss on the forehead.
-"That's all I want"

We ordered pizza and watched movies all day, making each other laugh with our elite sarcasm and humor. The last thing I remember is falling asleep on Grayson's lap.

•••••••••••••••
Hi guys, I'm really sorry for leaving this story alone for such a long time.

Please if you know any organization to donate money for Australia do it

Please if you know any organization to donate money for Australia do it. They need the whole world right now. It's so tragic and sad, be human. Donate.

Here's one organization so you can donate, even one little amount makes a HUGE difference

https://www.wwf.org.au/get-involved/bushfire-emergency#gs.qgq1o5