chapter 50

Garden area

Shalini was not feeling sleepy so she goes to the balcony...She stands there looking at the garden outside... She descends the stairs and moves towards the fountain in the garden... She stands there in front of it listening to the sound of falling water.. The sound was so soothing in the silence of night.. She sits at the edge of fountain low wall and dips her hand in it playing with the running water...

She sits there so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice when Naveen came there and stands behind her

She sits there so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice when Naveen came there and stands behind her.. She snaps out when he touches her shoulder...

She jumps a little startled by his presence... She puts her palm on her heart releasing a relieved breath...

Shalini : pagal ho gaye ho kya... Darata hai kya koi aise.. Abhi heart fail ho jaata mera...

Naveen : yaar Maine tumhe awaz di thi.. Tum hi apne khayaalon mein khoyi huyi thi.. Meri kya galati isme..

Shalini (sarcastically) : haan tumhari kabhi koi galati nahi hoti.. Baki sab galat hote hain hamesha.. Ritu ne tumhe phasaya isme bhi tumhari galati nahi thi.. Itne saalon tak sabse chhup kar rahe isme bhi tumhari galati nahi thi... Hain na..

Naveen sighs listening to her complaining...he knows that he has hurt her so much by hiding himself.. He knows what their friendship means to her...and he's extremely sorry for hurting her...

Naveen : sorry shalu.. I'm really sorry ke tum sab se itni badi baat chupayi..lekin I didn't have any option at that time... I'm sorry that I hurt you.. Please maaf kardo na us galati ke liye...aur phir mujhe laga tha it's better ki main tumhari life se dur rahun Jab tak mujhpar se traitor ka tag nahi hatt jata... Main tumhari married life mein problem nahi create karna chahta tha.. I was happy ki tum akeli nahi ho.. Someone's there for you...

Shalini (shocked) : tumhe pata hai meri shaadi ke baare mein..

Naveen nods his head in yes..

Naveen : RV ne Raj se related har kisi ka background check kiya tha Naina ko chord kar for knowing who's friend and who's a threat to him... Usime tumhari background report bhi thi.. Professional details and you're behaviour etc... Usme tumhare marital status mein married likha tha aur tumhare husband ka naam bhi likha tha aur ek picture bhi thi tum dono ki... But I didn't knew Ki vo aisa insaan niklega... Usne tumhe chord diya... Reason nahi jaanta par still vo aisa kaise kar sakta tha...

Shalini(playing devil's advocate) : tumhe aisa kyun lagta hai ki usne mujhe chorda usme meri koi galati nahi thi..

Naveen(placing his right palm on her cheek) : apni shalu ko jaanta hun isliye... Aur Vaise bhi agar galati tumhari thi to bhi kabhi koi galti utni badi nahi ho sakti jaisa usne kiya... If he had wanted separation he could have asked for a mutual divorce.. But he insulted you by leaving you and then getting in a live in relationship with someone that too with your own cousin...