Chapter 2

I walked in the classroom. It was weird since the silence that took over the classroom was actually the air conditioner. I closed the door behind me and sat on a desk near the teacher.

"You're gonna finish the map, right?" Mr. Roqué asked as he sat on his chair behind his desk.

"Uh. Oh! Yes." I remembered.

"Let me see if I can find it..." He looked through his folders. "Um. Here it is." He passed me the map. "You only need to find the rivers. Then color the island and the ocean." He looked through his phone, trying to find something to do.

"Sure, thanks."

Various minutes passed. I was almost done with the map. I only had to color a river and I was done! But Mr. Roqué just sat in his desk looking at me. One or other time he looked at his phone.

"Angel, is it okay if we talk a little about your life? I like to know more my students." He put his phone down.

"My life? I think." I had no idea what to say. Why would he want to know about me? This was kinda creepy, but I actually didn't matter. He was the teacher, he would never judge me, I think.

"If you don't like it it's totally fine."

"No, no. It's okay." I smiled as I looked down my paper.

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen." I looked at him for a second. "I'll be seventeen on the next month."

"Nice! Do you have any sisters? I've seen a girl around and she kinda looks like you."

"No. Sorry, I don't have sisters. Do you know her name?"

"Jessica. Blonde, really short hair."

"Oh! Yes. I know her."

"Then my bad. I thought you had sisters." He gave me a tiny smirk.

Silence took over the empty classroom. Making the room awkward for a few seconds.
Mr. Roqué stood up and walked over to his messenger bag. He took it and opened the bag, accidentally letting his car keys fall off. The keys had a small framed picture of Mr. Roqué with another guy. He was kissing him on the cheek while the other had a camera pointing at the mirror and smiling. Mr. Roqué took the picture quickly and stuck it in his pocket.

Was this... Mr. Roqué's boyfriend? Wait, so the teacher is gay?

Now I'm confused. Everybody around school said that he liked the history teacher from 12th grade. Blonde lady with nice body. But I saw now this picture of this guy with him, meaning he's gay? I guess, but can't judge too far.

"Woah! Who was that, huh?" Shit. What have I done.

"He he..." He blinked slowly and smiled. "That was my ex."

"Was? You're together?" Perfect. We got along.

"He died." He got serious. "He got killed by accident. The murderer confused him with someone else and entered the house and shot him in the head."

"Oh. Sorry."

"You don't care that I have... different attractions?" He packed some stuff in his messenger bag, quickly changing the topic of the conversation.

"You mean.... about you being gay? No! I'm totally fine about it." I finished coloring the map.

"It's our little secret." He finished packing the stuff. "Are you done?"

"Yeah!" I stood up and handed him the paper.

"Perfect. I'll put this in the folders and take it home."

"Well then, I'll be going."

We both walked out of the classroom at the same time. He closed the door and locked it. When he walked off, I walked with him. I wanted to be with him. It made me feel happy when I was with him. At some point, we had to go in different directions.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled at me.

"Bye." I smiled back.

"Take care." He patted my head softly. Then he walked to his car and drove away