Chapter 13

Genisā's Pov.

"No, no, no. Can you please be careful with the way you guys are carrying that?" I got frustrated explaining to Giovanni and Zion as they were goofing off with one of the expensive ass decorations we had for mom's birthday.

Her birthday was surely right around the corner, and just like a damn Virgo. We had to make sure everything was perfectly set up for my mother's birthday dinner.

I had everything planned for her to be perfect, and just like the perfect mother, she deserves the perfect birthday party.

"Well can you stop yelling and bossing us around, and pick this heavy ass shit up?" Zion smacked his lips as they sat the decoration down.

Not knowing my dad was behind him, and popped Zion in the back of his head.

"Not about to keep telling yo bullet head ass to watch yo mouth." My father pointed his finger at Zion as he mugged him, soothing his neck.

Zuri had walked in all cheery like after just getting home from her cheerleading practice with her sunglasses sitting on the bridge of her nose.

Zion smacked his lips, and shook his head, "Look what the thotmobile brought in. You was with that corny nigga again huh?" Zion asked putting Zuri on blast.

She gave him a straight face with my dad giving her daggers, "Tahiry just dropped me off, stop trying to be such a snitch or something Zi." She said and say her bag and stuff in the corner.

"You guys can leave my sister alone now." I said mugging Gio, Zion and my dad. They acting like we could never talk to the different sex without actual sex.

"Okay, so mom's birthday is literally in three days. So, we about to have all the other workers here setting the rest of the things up. I'm going to stay back and make sure everything is in shape. You guys better have your good suits, and I know me and mom, and Zuri will be okay." I said holding the clipboard I checked off the stuff I had finished already.

"Okay, so show up in my emoji joggers?" Giovanni asked and I flipped him off.

"Knock it off. But, seems so good so far." My dad nodded looking at the workers that came in that was about to help start setting things up.

"It's not only her birthday dad, it's you guys wedding anniversary!" I cheesed looking up at the old photos of my mom and dad growing together. They were going to be neatly decorated around the tables with pictures of my mother of course.

"So please, make sure your speech makes us wanna weep dad." Zuri said and I laughed because my dad really could talk so much about his love for our mom, and we would be in tears,

"Yeah, yeah. I'm already prepared, but I'm going to head home with the queen now. Your old man is tired after having to deal with extra shit." His darted by Giovanni as Giovanni looked down.

I raised an eyebrow, and looked between the two of them not even bothering to ask because I'll just make Giovanni suffer to tell me later.

"Okay, see you later daddy! And please do not tell mom anything about this party at all. Make sure her dress I-" I said and my dad waved me off, I huffed loudly as he walked out the building to his car.