Chapter 5: An explanation

"W-well" I stammered no knowing what to say "a lot of things have happened, but it doesn't matter, why aren't you with that popular girl from the library?" I said solemnly while looking at my feet. "Girl from the library?" he pondered for a moment "Oh her?! No it's not what you think, she saw you coming and must have thought it would be funny to launch herself onto me but I threw her off straight away but you mustn't have seen that" His voice was filled with sadness. There was a pause. "I-is that why you haven't been coming to school?" I nodded my head slowly until I was wrapped up in a hug "I'm sorry that happened, I want you to know that you're the only one I love, ok? I would never do anything to hurt you" He said. I felt some of his tears fall onto my shoulder as he pulled back and placed his hands on my shoulders and look me in the eye. I was only focusing on his beautiful green eyes. "Ok," I say once again hugging Mark.

We talked for a while before walking me back home, I kissed him goodbye and he walked to his car and went home. My uncle's ute was gone so I knew he wasn't home so I proceeded to go inside and get ready for bed. I fell asleep knowing that it was all a misunderstanding.

~The next morning~

I woke up the next morning bright and early like I always do. After laying in bed for a while, I finally got up and got dressed. I grabbed my brown satchel and my camera and off I went into town.

I had been walking around town trying to find new things to photograph. While getting pictures of the sun hitting the river at just the right spot to create a lens flare effect on the camera, I feel someone's presence sit next to me. I look up to see it's Martha. "Hey Lauren," she said as her happy self "oh hey you started me, what are you doing here?" I asked curiously "well I knew you would be taking photos somewhere so I came to find you," she said it the way she would when she wants to know something. "Alright, what do you want to know?" I said calling her out, "what? Me? pfft, I don't want to know anything. What do you mean?"I gave her the unbelieving glance "alright" she said abruptly " What did Mark want? Have you been on your first date yet? Tell me everything" she shaking me vigorously. "Whoa whoa calm down," I said trying to calm her down but it didn't work. "But have you been on a date yet? Tell me I need to know!" I explained everything, trying to ignore the how much she was freaking out, and that was all she wanted to talk about, typical Martha, and all I could think is 'why do you do this Martha'. She had already known about my uncle so didn't question my face.

I was finally released from all of Martha's questions and went home after getting some sunset photos because I didn't leave till much later. I arrived home with my uncle hacking my ear off then like he does every day, he went to the pub which might as well be his second home from the amount of time he spent there. I packed my camera away and went to bed. 

////////////////

Hi, sorry for not updating in a while. This one is a short chapter but, like an idiot, didn't think of the entire storyline so I am trying to think of things to do in this story to be different to every other bullyxnerd book on Wattpad, so please hang in there. If you have any ideas to share please do :) Thanks, Bye!!!! :p