Chapter 9

Senku's POV

"UWAAAH, WAKE UP! YOU KNOW THERE'S NO WAY YOU'RE DYING LIKE THIS!! SENKU, YOU ARE, HUMANITY AND CIVILISATION'S, STAR OF HOPE!! I'M BEGGING YOOU!! COME BACK! OPEN YOUR EYES, SENKU!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU. I'LL WAIT AS LONG AS IT TAKES. BECAUSE I CAN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU. COME BACK, TAIJU...!!! COME BAAACK, SENKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!"

That great big oaf actually managed to do it...

"The rain... has let up... the sound of the rain and thunder that was camoflaging us has gone! We can't be shouting loudly anymore! If Tsukasa hears us, it'll be over just like that!" 

"Y...YOU'RE RIGHT! HE'S NOT ALREADY ON HIS WAY, IS HE?"

"Kukuku, I'm impressed... realising about my neck, all from that crappy tiny little hint I gave... Taiju, Yuzuriha... The both of you get 10,000,000,000 points...!" I announced, finally revealing my presence to them as I touched the base of my skull with my fore and middle fingers on my left hand, whilst I held the jar of Nital solution with the other.

"...SENKU...!!!" the couple shouted in synchrony

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!" the blockhead wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me tightly which made me scram out in pain, kicking him away from me.

"WHAT, MY CERVICAL PLEXUS WASN'T ENOUGH?! GONNA CRUSH MY ENTIRE BODY THIS TIME?! YOU WANNA DIE, PUNK?!" I lectured him, panting in the end "Kukuku... I'm sure you understand... So we don't need to go over thanking each other for each and every little thing that happened... we can just leave it at this." smiling to myself

"Yeah... welcome back... Senku...!!" Yuzuriha sobbed out.

"Kukuku... finally outsmarted Tsukasa! Now where's (Y/N) at, I need a response." I clapped my hands together and rubbed them together as I looked around, searching for the (H/C) haired girl before finally landing onto the two brunettes. "Well, where is she?"

"I think... we may have left her behind..." Yuzuriha spoke out, her voice shaking.

"Wait what?"

"We forgot about her... Taiju and I... we were too focused on the gunpowder and getting you out of there... we didn't realise... we left her behind..."

My mind froze, empty at her explanation.

"I'LL RUN OVER THERE AND FIND HER!!" Taiju announced, getting ready to run over to Hakone.

"No!" I shouted, making him stop in his tracks "Tsukasa has her."

"Then we'll go get her. Right...?" Yuzuriha asked in a shake tone.

I stood there for a minute, a hand to my face as I earnestly thought of a plan "... Yuzuriha..." I muttered, gaining her attention "For that crude-minded Taiju, it'd be 10,000,000,000 percent impossible... but you, the ultra-skilled handicraft club member... you're the only one that could do this... I've got a mission for you... one so difficult enough to make you wanna die... can you do it?"

Yuzuriha went up to me as I whispered the stages of the mission over to her. When I finally finished, Yuzuriha's face went blank, before sweating rapidly, realising the intensity of my plan.

"Waaaaaoooooo... That sounds seriously crazily rough... but I'll do it." agreeing to the plot.

"Kukuku, makin' it sound pretty easy there." Smiling at her expression.

"Handicrafts are all in your persistence and perseverance, after all. Plus... it's all for the sake of (Y/N)-chan..."

"What's with the secrets? Come on, that's not fair! Lemme in on it!" Taiju chipped in, curious about all the secrecy I told Yuzuriha.