Chapter 3

Karin POV
"Mommy! Mommy Look!" I heard Laïa call out. I looked over and she was swinging between the arms of the couch and the love seat.
"Baby, Get down before you hurt yourself," I told her as she jumped down, landing on her knees.
"Owe!" She began to whine.
"Aht aht, I told you to get down from there, hush that up," I gave her "the look" and she tucked her bottom lip back in wiping tears that never even fell.
"Guess what baby?" I said as I picked her up and carried her into the kitchen. I sat her on the counter and she played with my hoop earrings.
"What mommy?" I kissed her forehead and told her the good news.
"Your daddy's gonna come and see you today mamas," she smiled and pulled my face to hers, and whispered.
"I put on my pwetty dress and make ups for daddy!" I laughed.
"I think he'll be just as impressed with how you look now mamas," she pouted her bottom lip and I couldn't resist.
"Fine you can put on some lip gloss," I handed her the tube from my back pocket and she proceeded to hold her hand out for my phone. I watched as her smart butt used the camera as a mirror and applied the lip gloss effortlessly.
"Oooh, pretty mamas," I gassed her. The door bell rang and she jumped in excitement, I felt bad because it was only Koyia.
"Go open the door for TeTe Koyia," I told her. She walked happily as I chuckled.
"Hi My loveeee," Koyia said as she greeted her with a big hug.
"Hi TeTe, my daddy's coming!" She said with Excitement laced in her voice . Koyia smiled as she and I both witnessed her utter happiness.
"That's so cool mamas, you wanna make daddy a card?" She asked and Alaïa's face lit up.
"Yay!"
"Make sure she doesn't get dirty Koy," she waved me off and carried Laïa to her playroom. I sighed and went to straighten up the kitchen. I washed the few dishes I used while making her breakfast, than wiped down the stove and counter tops. After that, I'd killed about 15 minutes and received a message from Giovanni, saying he was outside. I told him to come on and unlocked the door. I stood by with the screen door closed as he got out his 2018 Corvette, looking fine as ever.

 I stood by with the screen door closed as he got out his 2018 Corvette, looking fine as ever

"Hey," he said real awkwardly. I smiled a bit opening the screen door to let him in.
"Hey, she's upstairs with Koy, let me go grab her," I walked upstairs and went to Laïa's play room.
"Come on mamas, your daddy is here," she got all excited and giggly as I picked her up and told Koy she could come down.
"I'll stay up here sis, I'm finna watch tv in ya room," I nodded and carried her downstairs.
"Laïa, this is your daddy. Giovanni, this is Alaïa," I sat her in her feet and she ran and hugged his calf's, being that that's as far up she could reach.
"I love you daddy," she mumbled into his legs and I swear I almost saw a tear drop.
"I love you more baby girl," he said as he picked her up and held her close for a long time.
"Can we show daddy the card I made for him?" Laïa asked as she took it from my hands and handed it to him. It was Just a bunch of scribbles, but he admired it as if it was the next Mona Lisa.
"This is pretty Laïa. Thank you baby," as the next hour or so passed they watched a movie and cuddled in the couch with snacks.
"Hey, are you staying for dinner?"  I asked Giovanni. He looked up at me and nodded before turning his attention back to trolls. I chuckled and made my way to the kitchen. Being that it was only 4:09, and too early for dinner, I made a small snack consisting of a chicken salad and Pretzels.it was a decent size, so it was sharable. I Went to join Koyia upstairs, but she was asleep in my bed. I laughed at her snoring with her mouth wide open. I snapped a picture for later and closed the door, rejoining Laïa and Giovanni.
"Mommy, I have some?" Laïa asked. I gathered some of the salad on the fork before bringing the fork up to her mouth.
"She eats salads?" I nodded.
"Laï eats very healthy, we're sorta health nuts," I giggled. He nodded as he kissed the top of her head.
"That's what's up. So when can we talk about the whole situation?" He said as I sighed, scratching my ear.
"Mamas, Daddy and I are gonna go in the kitchen to talk okay?" I told Laïa as she pouted.
"But, why you and daddy no talk here?"
"We'll be right back okay mamas? I promise your daddy will be back in here,"
"Okay mommy," I waved Giovanni on as he moved her off his lap and sat her on the couch. He followed me into the kitchen and we sat at the island to talk.
"So I wanna know everything. Her birthday, likes, dislikes, allergies? All of it," I began to tell him every little detail about her.
"Her birthday is May 31st, so she's a Gemini. She's allergic to Amoxicillin, she loves peanut butter and Cheesecake, and she hates Bananas,"
"She sounds just like Kairi. Can I pick her up tomorrow? I'll have Kairi than and I want them to meet each other?" I didn't know how I felt about her leaving me for him for the first time, yeah Gio was a good guy, but this was my baby.
"Uh I guess so," I said uneasily. He started into my soul, something he could always do, and picked a part at me.
"If your not comfortable with that I could just bring her here, or have y'all come to my house. We don't have to rush this whole thing Rin," I smiled and nodded.
"You can bring her here, I'm sure Laïa would live to meet her," we talked a little more about getting her on a good schedule, things we wanted to do with her such as family trips and more, while I cooked. Everything was going so smoothly until he asked the most dreadful question.
"So why did you leave New York, and not tell me you were pregnant?"

Excuse all errors
A'jah 💋