Part 4: Heartbreak

(This parts got feels, bad feels. Read at your own risk.)

You looked over at Matthew as he stood in the doorway, his eyes were all red and puffy from crying.

"Y/n... Please... I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you," He balled as he dropped to his knees.

"Just please, don't leave me. You're my world y/n. You make me the happiest boy in the world and without you I'm nothing."

You sighed as your heart sunk in your chest. It killed you to see Matthew cry. You loved this boy, you really did. But, you also discovered that you had feelings for you're best friend as well.

"Matthew.. You cheated on me," You spoke softly, not daring to make eye contact with him.

"I fell for you... And you cheated on me. You basically took my trust and stomped on it. It took me years to warm up to you and trust you Matt, years." You held in your tears, to make him think you were stronger than him.

"But y/n, I was drunk-"

"I told you not to go to the party, and you told me you would be fine. You said, and I quote, 'I won't do anything to hurt you babe I promise, I'll be fine. I love you.' " you couldn't hold in your tears anymore, and Hayes could see the heartbreak in your eyes. It hurt him to see you like this. Matthew looked up at you, with tears gushing down his face.

"Do you just throw those words around Matt? Do you even mean it when you say I love you? Because it sure doesn't seem like you do." More tears fell from your eyes.

"I just can't do it anymore."

"So this is goodbye..? Forever?" His voice squeaked when he said that last word. Forever. A tear fell from your eye as you looked up at him.

"We just need a break, I'm sorry."