Dawn

We ran out of the castle, over the bridge and far away. The sun was just barely visible over the horizon. Me, Saruna and Kiel ran and ran, until we reached the edge of the forest that me and Kiel first encountered each other. We rested behind some bushes and sat in silence. No one could believe what had just happened. But I couldn't just sit here in this deafening silence, I had a question. A very important one. I turned to Kiel, who was curled up into a little ball. "Hey...can I ask you something?" I whispered. Kiel looked up at me, face as white as a sheet. "What is it?" He asked quietly. He looked so sad and alone. Maybe now wasn't the time to ask him, but I already have his attention. "Back when we first met...when we met by the campfire...when I revealed my true identity with you. There's something that's been bothering me. It kept me up that night." I said, placing my hand on his back. "What's been bothering you..?" He asked. "Well, it's just that I have a question." I said. "Out with it then." Kiel said, getting up off the ground. I bit my lip a little. Was I really going to ask him this? Now of all times? I just had to know, I just had to. "When I told you I was a seraphim, I thought you were going to kill me, but you didn't. So I've been wondering..."

"...Why didn't you do it..?"