7 days

A week a had passed since then. Everything had changed, everything but Gabriel. He remained the same as Nathalie became more distant and timid. He couldn't decide what he wanted to do about it. He himself had noticed his growing affections towards Nathalie, but what about Adrien he still wanted his mother didn't he..?  He hadn't spent enough time with his son to know. Getting up from his chair he made his way up to Adriens room.

"Adrien.." A series of loud crashes and bangs came from the room before a disheveled Adrien came to the door.

"H-hello-"

"I wanted to ask you something Adrien.." He felt his sons emotions twist and turn. Putting his hand on Adriens back. Escorting him outside to the garden mainly just for pure preference.

"What is it..Father?"

They walked in silence around the garden for a while before Gabriel spoke up again. "Would you be unhappy, if I were in a relationship with Nathalie?"

The little boys face lit up. "Really..? I would love it!  Nathalies amazing I already consider her as a part of our family!" He hugged him. "Could I have a little sister or a sibling-?"

...

"Father are you okay..?"

"..Yes  I mean.. I just wasn't thinking that this would happen. Now though I do remember the last time we talked you seemed to like the idea.."

They stayed there walking throughout the garden. He began to ponder about he and his son's relationship. Thinking about how he had grown distant during Emilies death when he really should've been spending time with Adrien. Only know he realizes how much he's grown while he's been absent as a parent. But there was something different.. like he was forced to grow up ahead of his time.. "I must be getting ahead of myself.." Gabriel accidentally spoke aloud.

"Hm?" Adrien looked up at the large 7ft giant beside him.

"It's nothing, I'm just noticing how much you grown up Adrien.."