That Day

I couldn't sleep that night. I was so excited for the next day -my very big day, and at the same time.. scared. I was definitely glowing, though I wasn't sure if it is from joy or merely sweat. Then I texted you..

Me: I can't sleep :(

You: Wedding jitters, eh? :)

Me: Kinda. See you tomorrow, Simeon :)

You: Yep! See you in your white gown, my lovely bride :)

It was something I dreamed about my whole life. It was so beautiful. In my mind, everything was perfect. Ako ang emperatris, at ikaw ang emperador. I was stunning in a shimmering wedding dress, my hair tucked behind a flowing veil. And you, you were handsome and charming, and beamed as you waited for me to join you in marriage.

It was the wedding day. I saw you there.. waiting at the altar, just like the fairytale that I pictured for so many years. The wedding song started to play. It was my cue to step down the aisle. Lahat ng taong pumunta, masaya.. nakangiti. The church was instantly filled by love and joy. Kapag tumitingin ako sa kanila, alam kong masaya sila sa araw na ito.

As I walked down the aisle, closer to you.. the glimpse of our past, our memories together came in my mind. Everything. Lahat ng ala-ala natin sa loob ng limang taon, parang movie na nag-pplay sa sa utak ko. Those years with you, before this wonderful day, the roller coaster rides of our lives, our future dreams and plans, on how we wanted to have twins.. a little you and me, the pinky swears and the road we're going to take in the future together. Your cheesy lines, that favorite line of yours, "I love you, forever." funny.

But then I saw you wiped a tear, and another one fell down.. and another. Why? 

Pagdating ko sa dulo ng altar, you welcomed me with a warm, familiar, tight hug. You held my hand and stroke it lovingly. You leaned closer and whispered, "I so love you, Samantha. Forever I will." tapos ngumiti ka. I couldn't say exactly what kind of smile was that, but one thing I'm sure about is your eyes were screaming.. screaming your love for me.

Sayang..

Then you gave my hand to him.

Your brother.

My groom.

Sometimes people are bound to fall inlove with each other but not meant to be together.. forever.

Wala nga sigurong Forever..

 Because that day, I married your brother, my Infinity.